Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Oh holy crap

Anyone want to take an Angry Boy off my hands? Seriously. Y'all were just remarking how cute he is. Go ahead and borrow him for a bit. I won't mind. Phantom, you've made mention of marrying him off to your sweet baby girl. Why wait? You can welcome your new son-in-law right away.

So... not a remarkably good Valentine's Day. He screeched and howled as I left him at school this morning. And, though he wasn't in a horrible mood when I picked him up, he was quick to fuss. Traffic was horrible (to give you an idea, it took me 12 minutes just to get out of the parking lot at his school), which wasn't helping matters. On the abnormally long ride home, we must've listened to, as he calls it, "Jeremiah Was a Frog" (translation: "Joy to the World") at least 10 times. What can I say? The kid likes Three Dog Night.

Anyway, he fussed about everything tonight. Didn't want dinner. Then he didn't want milk. Then he didn't want to read. Then he didn't want to watch TV, he wanted to read. Then he didn't want to read (again), he wanted to watch TV. Then he wanted to climb on my head and yank on my hair. I finally said enough, and put him to bed about half an hour earlier than normal. He cried for about 2 minutes, but I haven't heard a peep out of him since then. My verdict: I'm guessing that he didn't nap much today and the grumpiness stemmed from fatigue. At least, I'm hoping that's what it is and that after a good, long sleep, he'll be his cute & sweet self in the morning.

Got Westminster on again. Tonight's the good night (sorry, Halloweenlover) 'cause all the bigger dogs are on: sporting group, hound group and herding group. If you want to see the prettiest dog ever, check out the Belgian sheepdog in the herding group. Best. Dogs. Ever. (No offense to Small Dog, who is sleeping nestled beside me on the bed.)

14 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

Oh, I hope a good night's sleep does him (and you!) some good.

Sometimes after a day like this, Curious Girl wakes up sick, and then I feel really lousy that i was so put out about how awful she was the day before. Not that I'm wishing Angry Boy illness, of course!

9:02 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Quinn said...

I think we need to set up a nation-wide bloggy mommy child rotation system. Because the Drama Queen has got to go, too! But then tomorrow, she'll be an angel.

9:07 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Susan, that very thought did occur to me; watch him wake up with a fever. Ack.

Quinn, I like that idea in general, but at this point I think I need a little time away from ALL kids. :-)

10:51 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

Sorry you had such a rough day with AB. I hope that today is much, much better!

Loved the dogs. I picked the bull terrier to win, although I was partial to the Old English Sheepdog. How can anyone resist that fur?

9:18 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Ho.ly.shit. Just last night (while Mr. Blue was telling me about a conference he may have in Washington in July, and I was all like "July? That's a great time to visit D.C. -- well, but if you find us a hotel close to our potential blogger playdates I'll consider it") I was telling Mr. Blue about Angry Boy and dat funky monkey and how based on that information alone we need to arrange his marriage to Baby Blue.

Mr. Blue agreed.

So send him up! Surely the D.C.-to-Boston shuttle allows for unaccompanied toddlers...

9:31 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

I hope he woke up his usual chipper self!

9:59 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Summer said...

Little Girl is quite the monster whenever she fails to take a nap! Her behavior is so predictable -- first she becomes ultra-hyper, then, she'll fuss and cry over anything...the littlest thing will seem like such a huge tragedy. And yet, she still fights me everytime I try to get her to take a nap.

I'm a big dog lover myself -- the Great Pyrannese, Laborador and Golden retrievers are my favorites.

11:54 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Love Westminster. And you are right...BIG DOGS RULE!

Even though a little pup won, he is so cute!

11:57 AM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I love all dogs, so no offense taken. If I didn't have my two brussels griffons, I'd be dying to get a Great Dane or an Old English Sheepdog. Can you imagine? I must love extremes.

Josh keeps telling me that we can get a third dog, as long as that dog is a rhodesian ridgeback, but I think a rhodesian might eat tango as an afternoon snack ; )

Sweet Angry Boy! I'll take him for a few days! I have lots of patience for other people's children!

12:25 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Send AB down my way! It's been so long since I had a toddler in my house, I would LOVE it. Especially the kind that you can send back! Hope he slept and all is well.

1:32 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Lawmummy said...

Perhaps he and Kate could rendezvous somewhere with a karaoke machine... I think they're about the same age, no? They can drink chocolate milk and belt out Three Dog Night and the Boss until both their hearts are content and they're in suitable moods to be returned to their overworked lawyer moms!

8:09 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

I hope the crankies are gone. Now if only my boss and coworkers would take naps and get over the crankies! :(

Been getting hourly updates on Westminster from a coworker.

8:56 PM, February 15, 2006  
Blogger jo(e) said...

I wish I lived near you. I'd love to take a toddler for the day.

You want a few teenagers in return?

7:37 AM, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

I hope he's back to his sweet self today!!

10:36 AM, February 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home