Sunday, January 08, 2006

Woefully behind

I've got a ton of menial stuff to do, but my weekends and evenings keep getting subsumed by work. If Angry Boy's hair gets any longer, I'll be able to braid it. And not a single post-Christmas thank you card has been mailed. And I haven't worked out since... it's been so long, I can't remember. Every night I say, "I'm going to bed before 11 tonight," and every night I'm up till 12 or later. But I'm making a change this week. Starting tonight (mostly because I have to get up very early for court tomorrow). I mean it this time.

The computer will be turned off every night this week by 10 p.m., allowing plenty of time to get ready for bed and settled in before 11. It's a small thing, but like Bob, I've got to take baby steps.

8 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Good night, dear.

11:34 PM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger parodie said...

Cool idea I heard of to help keep this kind of resolution: attach a timer to your power supply - at _hour, your computer will turn off. :-) Maybe add a warning just before that happens so you don't lose anything, though.

11:10 AM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I will totally take on this resolution with you too! Computer turned off by 10pm, and in bed by 11pm. Do you think we can do it? I am super guilty of this, as well. Often because I am so wound up from working that I sit and veg in front of the tv until far past 11 or midnight. Very frustrating.

Maybe if we challenge each other we'll really do it?

12:31 PM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oy. I was up until 12:30 last night because I was so wound up. Which do I need more? The quiet time alone, or the sleep?

Maybe I'd better get in on this resolution with you.

1:19 PM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Oh, and the thank you cards...I totally planned to get them done before the change in postage. Aaaagh!

9:33 PM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Parodie, thanks for the suggestion.

Jessica, I'm so pissed because I forgot about the postage hike until Sunday. It would've been good motivation to write my cards sooner!

Liz, right back at ya.

HL, if I can do it, you can do it.

PS, get some sleep, whenever you can!

10:04 PM, January 09, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

Aaaack! Stop being so productive, it makes me look bad! (not too hard these days!)

7:04 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

Small thing, indeed...and yet so difficult at times.

Good luck following through, those little changes can make all the difference.

10:08 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home