Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My funky monkey

Lawmummy's post on her daughter's love of the Boss reminded me of the fun musical time I had with Angry Boy on Monday afternoon. His daycare was closed for Martin Luther King Day, so -- like many parents -- Not So Angry Husband and I alternated shifts at home. AB was in a great mood all day, and so I decided to try out some new songs. I need to point out that AB is very picky about his music, and he isn't shy about showing it. If a song comes on that he doesn't like, he will holler, "No, we no listen to that song!" So it's very exciting for me when he welcomes any new music into his repertoire.

I opened up my iTunes and carefully selected some songs to play. A few songs did indeed meet with his approval: "Who Let the Dogs Out," "Battle Hymn of the Republic" (which I told him was called "Glory, Glory"), and "Brass Monkey."

And, since I took requests, we of course listened to "funk." Over and over and over again.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

its always funny to me what songs kids like and also how they seem to come up with their own words to the songs

9:38 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Your boy is the coolest.

12:32 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

So jealous! I got one, repeat, ONE song of my own yesterday before Baby Blue pointed imperiously at the iPod and demanded "Ha-ha-ha."

(Yes, Alanis Morissette. Sigh.)

10:00 AM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

I heard "Hands Clean" yesterday (hadn't heard it in a while) and thought of BB!

11:36 AM, January 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anne Glamore said...

My oldest LOVED Who Let The Dogs Out so much that when the Baha Men came to town for a music festival i took him and HELD him on my shoulders in a huge crowd of rowdy teens.

4:01 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Anne, you are SO the cool mom.

Liz, you know your MM is the role model on coolness.

Oh, and I don't know that I've said a proper welcome to K. yet, so... welcome!

10:25 PM, January 18, 2006  
Blogger Jenevieve said...

Wow, your son has better taste in music than I do!

1:18 PM, January 19, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm still taking notes on which ones are my favorite songs. Maybe I need AB to come on down and help me!

That kid is just too funny.

7:38 PM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home