Sunday, January 22, 2006

I hate the nightlife

Coming home past 2 a.m. after a night at the club, and not getting to sleep till 2:30 or so would not have been too bad had Angry Boy not woken up (a) once at 5:55 a.m., crying out something that sounded like "my covers! my covers!" and (b) then again permanently at 7:45 a.m.

Plus, my body does not react to externalities the way it used to. I only had a couple of drinks but was completely dehydrated in the middle of the night. And the second-hand smoke at the venue made my eyes burn so much, I kept wiping the condensation off my drinks and rubbing it in my eyes.

Still, it was a good show. I'm going to have to update my concert list someday.

9 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

What show?

8:46 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger ccw said...

Glad you had fun!

I always feel so old when I go out anymore. I cannot handle the alcohol combined with less sleep.

9:34 AM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Aw, come on, tell us what show. How else can we live vicariously through you?

11:37 AM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

You are too hip for me, APL!

Geez. I considered my life busy and exciting because I got home from dinner at midnight. Sigh.

I told Josh that I'm too old to be eating at 10:30pm.

1:23 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Phantom and Liz, check your email.

2:22 PM, January 23, 2006  
Anonymous Lisa V said...

Ditto- what show?

4:35 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Lisa, check your email.

9:44 PM, January 23, 2006  
Blogger Jessica said...

God, 'aint it the truth?!

It's so much harder to recover these days. Sigh.

10:54 AM, January 24, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Hey! Me too me too! I want to know!

12:18 PM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home