Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Finally

Tom Sietsema backs up what my husband and I have been bitching about for years:

Washington, D.C.: Why do you never seem to review BBQ places?
I will bet they appeal to more folks than the newest $100-a plate celebrity hangout!!!
Tom Sietsema: I bet they would, too!
My short answer: Good barbecue -- as in lusty, rib-stickin', transporting, oh-my-god-this-is-better-than-you-know-what barbecue -- is a rare commodity around here.


My computer-cutoff goals went by the wayside last night, as did the 11 pm bedtime. But all was not lost--I was only about 20 minutes behind in each of my endeavors. So, when Angry Boy started coughing up a storm at 6:15 a.m., I'd had plenty of sleep by then and waking up wasn't a big deal.

Once I post this, I'll sign off from the Internets, but I can't cut off the computer. I'll be up for another couple of hours reviewing docs, and making some notes about what I'm finding.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yankee T said...

Come to MEMPHIS for some real ribs!

5:28 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ugh, I have been failing miserably this week, and then in a cruel cycle I get up late, go into work later, and it starts all over again.

Sigh.

6:43 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger liz said...

Agreed that there is no good barbeque restaurants around BUT...

There's a guy who has a truck. He brings a cooker. In the cooker is a whole pig. He stops at the parking lot across from the AFI bldg. in Silver Spring. He's there some days and then he's not...when he's there, the line is never less than 50 people deep. He stays until the pig is gone, about half an hour.

That there is some good food.

11:26 PM, January 12, 2006  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

Will power! I admire that. As I'm always connected, though, I cannot follow your admirable steps. :-)

12:13 PM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home