Thursday, December 01, 2005

Work can wait, Procrastinate!

Saw this at Suzanne's place, Mimilou. I added No. 9:

1. What 3 albums would you take on a road trip, if music was the only companionship you had?
Dazed and Confused, Soundtrack Vol. 1. (Vol. 2, too, if it's a long trip)
Lost and Gone Forever, Guster
The Complete Greatest Hits, America

2. You are in the worst. Mood. Ever. Name three songs that would cheer you up.
Anything by the B-52s (I can't NOT dance when I hear them)
"Big Country" by Big Country
"Short Skirt/Long Jacket" by Cake

3. Your in-laws just called. (First off, that never happens. It's my crazy family that won't leave us alone, God love 'em.) They are in town unexpectedly and want to drop by for coffee in an hour. The house is a mess. Which three albums have enough energy to pump you up for the task?
Does it count if I don't own it? Because as a kid, I cleaned to the Pointer Sisters' Break Out.
Enema of the State, Blink 182
Vs., Pearl Jam

4. Name 3 songs you loved from high school. (I loved a bajillion, but here are the first 3 that came to mind.)

"Smells Like Teen Spirit," Nirvana
"Pure," The Lightning Seeds
"Dyslexic Heart," Paul Westerberg

5. Name 3 songs that make you think of your childhood. (Again, these were the first 3 that came to mind.)

"Summer of '69," Bryan Adams
"Goodbye, Stranger," Supertramp
"Day by Day," The Hooters

6. The kid is in bed. Your partner is elsewhere. You have a bottle of wine/pot of tea/case of beer, a great book, and the evening to yourself. What 3 albums are playing in the background?

Steady Pull, Jonatha Brooke
Parachutes, Coldplay
Resigned, Michael Penn

7. Name one new (2005) song, CD, or band that you've "discovered."

I'm so unhip, I haven't discovered anyone, ever. But I like what I've heard of the Fray's How to Save a Life album.

8. Name 3 songs that make you weepy.

"Still Fighting It," Ben Folds
"Anna Begins," Counting Crows
"Pretty Good Year," Tori Amos

9. What song would be your theme song?

"Good Intentions," Toad the Wet Sprocket

9 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

Get outta my head ;) LOL! Pearl Jam, Blink, Nirvana, Cold Play, Crows, Tori Amos. Big Country! Great list, great memories :)

12:27 AM, December 02, 2005  
Anonymous Beanie Baby said...

LOL Danigirl over at Postcards from teh Mothership penned this one to get ideas for her mp3 player--if you're feeling generous, stop by her blog and let her know your answers, I'm sure she'd like to hear it.

7:41 AM, December 02, 2005  
Blogger KLee said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE "Big Counrty"! That was such a great song. It's just too sad about Stuart Adamson, though. (The lead singer, wqho committed suicide in 2001.)

I also loved the Hooters while in high school as well. :) I'm so sad, aren't I?

10:54 AM, December 02, 2005  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

A lot of yours are ones I don't know - I'm so unhip. But I would've put B-52s for the same question! "Love Shack" in particular, but also "Roam", "Rock Lobster", and "Channel Z".

11:22 AM, December 02, 2005  
Blogger DaniGirl said...

WOW! I'm made a meme - how cool is that?

Cool choices - Dyslexic Heart, exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Hadn't thought of that song in AGES!

2:08 PM, December 02, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Honestly, I am starting to feel like the biggest musical loser. I barely know any of these songs! The artists, yes, but not the songs! Ack! Gotta get to listening!

2:49 PM, December 02, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

U r 2 cool, Danigirl! (See, I can write like the cool kids.)

HL, I wasn't kidding when I said I'd send you a mix CD! Email me with your address so I can pop it in the mail!

9:51 PM, December 02, 2005  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Too cool. I hope you don't mind but I lifted your list to my blog. Stop by sometime

BTW, I am a former lawyer turned college professor.

3:53 PM, December 03, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Welcome to the blog, Seeking Solace. Like your handle.

8:44 PM, December 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home