Wednesday, December 14, 2005

We're a close family

The phone rings around 9:20 p.m. I know it's my mom when the phone rings, because I had left a message for her earlier, asking her to call me. Here is the conversation:

APL: Hello?
MOM: Hi, it's me. I'm peeing.
APL: (laughing) The hell?! What... why... Just...
MOM: Well, I just got back and I had to pee.
APL: So why did you call? Pee, and then call me!
MOM: Well, I didn't want to call too late.
APL: Mom, it's 9:20! It's not late. We'll be up another 2 minutes!
MOM: OK, you want me to pee and then call you back?
APL: Yes. Please.
MOM: OK.
APL: Bye.
MOM: Bye.

This is why I am the way I am.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Oh dear.....that does explain a lot! ;)

10:57 PM, December 14, 2005  
Blogger corndog said...

OK. That's the way I'm going to answer the phone from now on. "Hi, it's me. I'm peeing." That should give the telemarketers pause.

5:06 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger mc said...

My mom does the same thing, APL -- except that she usually does it mid-conversation: strolls into the bathroom, puts the phone on speakerphone and puts it on the sink, then does her thing. Usually my only clue is when I hear the flush... I wonder, is this a privilege reserved for daughters??

8:01 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger kenju said...

It's universal, I believe, since the advent of cell phones and cordless landlines.

8:13 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger ccw said...

Funny!

I tihnk corndog is right, your mom's line would certainly weird out telemarketers.

9:08 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Laughing!

9:43 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger liz said...

I LOVE your mom.

I knew you and I were soul mates. (sorry you're sick.)

2:38 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

This is classic.

8:40 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I have the no bathroom rule with my friends, but one breaks it. Are you sure you're not from Ohio? LOL!

5:50 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Corndog's got the right idea.

6:59 AM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

OMG, my mom is the same way!!!! My husband works with a guy who calls his wife while he's taking a poop! And he says that he is taking a poop while talking to her! Now THATS bad!

4:26 PM, December 16, 2005  
Anonymous KathyR said...

Hilarious.

4:58 PM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home