Friday, December 16, 2005

"Seven days" was all she wrote...*

CCW didn't tag anyone in particular, so I hopped on:

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Travel to Australia and New Zealand
2. Travel to Croatia (and possibly stalk Goran Visnjic, but that part's not necessary)
3. Travel to the Grecian Isles
4. Travel to Egypt to see the Pyramids
5. Fly first class
6. Shop my screenplay around and (maybe) sell it
7. Enjoy watching my boy grow up

Seven things I can (or will) not do:
1. Be mean to a dog (cats, maybe)
2. Be around snakes for more than 10 minutes
3. Wear contacts (thank God and genetics for good vision)
4. Whistle through my teeth
5. Have a video game system in my house (that's what computers are for)
6. Listen to Toby Keith
7. Live on the West Coast

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:
1. His eyes (hidden behind those dirty glasses so no one else can see them)
2. His hair (although I think he could use sideburns)
3. His silliness ("Well, we are fond of the silliness...")
4. His big brain
5. His backrubs
6. His stubble
7. He is the most trustworthy and honest human being I've ever met

Seven things I say most often:
1. [Small Dog], no!
2. You're so pretty.
3. Go!
4. That being said, ...
5. Dammit!
6. Yay! (I don't just type it here--I actually do say it)
7. Can you do me a favor?

Seven books (or series) I love (these aren't necessarily my top 7, but they are 7 I love):
1. The Book of Three (series) by Lloyd Alexander
2. A Wrinkle in Time (series) by Madeleine L'Engle
3. Postcards From the Edge by Carrie Fisher
4. A Widow For One Year by John Irving
5. Lie Down in Darkness by William Styron
6. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
7. Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold

Seven movies I watch over and over again (I am a movie freak and could watch a billion movies over and over again, so here are just the first 7 I thought of):
1. Grand Canyon
2. X-Men 2
3. Scotland, PA
4. Out of Sight
5. Groundhog Day
6. Clueless
7. Bull Durham

* Coolness points to the first person to cite the reference in the post title.

14 Comments:

Blogger mc said...

We just watched Groundhog Day again a week or so ago -- it is great. And I loooove Bull Durham, too.

As for the title: I was sure I knew it, and that it was Jane's Addiction. But that would be "Three Days," not seven... so I'm stumped.

7:46 AM, December 17, 2005  
Anonymous Lisa V said...

The title- The Ring ? But that was a phone call so I am not sure.

If you meet Luka and don't call me to share, I will never read your blog again. Hey you could have him M,W,F,S- I would only take three days a week.

By the way Maura Tierney pregnant in real life ? That will get you some more google hits.

11:15 AM, December 17, 2005  
Anonymous KathyR said...

It's a Sting song.

Are you sure you can get coolness points for that?

And, aw, c'mon. You know you want to move out here and be my neighbor!

5:17 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Judges?

I'm sorry, Kathy, we're going to need both artist and title before any points may be awarded.

And just for that swipe at Sting, now I definitely won't be your West Coast neighbor. Pbbbbtttttt!!!!! ;-)

8:16 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

MC, you NEED to get the Bull Durham DVD (if you haven't already) and listen to the Costner-Robbins commentary. It. Is. Hilarious.

Lisa, Goran is 6'4". There's plenty of him to go around.

8:17 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Suzanne said...

It's "Seven Days" by Sting, right?

My favorite line from that song: "We won't be playing Scrabble for her hand, I fear."

9:34 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

DING DING DING! Suzanne goes the extra (half-)mile, and does not take a swipe at Sting, so full coolness points are awarded to her.

9:39 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

6. Shop my screenplay around and (maybe) sell it

A completed screenplay? I'm envious. What's it about?

4. A Widow For One Year by John Irving

7.
Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold

Interesting choices. Did you ever see The Door in the Floor? I'm afraid to do so, seeing as how it's only a partial adaptation of the former.

5:07 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

YAY! Suzanne on the coolness.

I loved your answers, of course. Groundhog day is Hi-larious. I hope you do sell your screenplay. That is a great project to have. Maybe if you stalk Goran enough he can star in it :)

7:03 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Neel, never saw that movie, but I heard it was a good adaptation of the first part of the book. Of course, that is my least favorite part of the book, even though I enjoy it, too. But I really like it when Ruth is older, not a little girl. So I am in no rush to see it.

2:32 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Seeking Solace said...

Thanks for the list. I posted it on my blog with one addition.

Seven Cds that you could listen to over and over again without skipping any tracks.

1. Fumbling Toward Ecstasy, by Sarah McLachlin
2. Blue, by Joni Mitchell
3. The Rising, by Bruce Springsteen
4. Who’s Next, by the Who
5. Adam’s Rib, by Melanie Doane
6. Under the Table and Dreaming, DMB
7. Greatest Hits, Sheryl Crow

7:12 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Mieke said...

What's your screenplay about? Is it finished?

9:06 PM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger ccw said...

I love your answers!

Can I go to Croatia with you???

12:02 PM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm bummed I missed this one!

You definitely have tons of cool points.

We have so much in common, sometimes it scares me. I have almsot all of the same places on my "must see" list. Shall we plan a trip? Egypt?

10:32 AM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home