Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wiped

Too drained to think of anything to say, other than:

I love my job. And I miss you guys--I'll have to spend most of this weekend reaching your blogs and catching up.

So here's another song. (Sorry.)

Strange Season

This story is past tense
and I did not want my cover blown
Thought well enough was left alone
and who decided you'd rescue me?
Yeah, I do agree
a bent and broken set are we

Up in a tree we're stuck
and the only lights off the wire
are all the moths in the fire
Can't you feel how the air is getting dry
Try, but can't identify
what you start to think

My baby won't come out at night
They took apart the Angel's Flight
For this
Strange Season

Did you feel it change from cold to hot
With fever, you will have a bout
And all you do is talk about
the meaning of the walkabout...
There I go again
A taste of my own medicine

So shake your head and look around
The leaves don't fall
There's still no sound
to this
Strange Season

Then I start to think
I've seen it through
I saw the sights
They disassembled Angel's Flight.
with this
Strange Season

Do you want to know that
it comes down to this?
Do you want to hear that
Ignorance is bliss
Ignorance is bliss

--Michael Penn

5 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm glad you love your job. We miss you, but at least I don't have to worry that you're miserable while you're busy!

10:39 AM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Glad all is well! Looking forward to your return,

1:54 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm glad you are happy. Thanks for checking back in, and I still miss you :)

6:41 PM, November 11, 2005  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Congrats on being done! Glad to hear you're so happy with your job.

Looking forward to reading you again!

5:09 PM, November 12, 2005  
Blogger Jessica said...

Hope that you get time to breathe soon. Take care of yourself, and we look forward to hearing from you when you have time!

7:14 PM, November 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home