Sunday, November 27, 2005

My lame attempt at literary humor

Just to prove to you that at one time, I did read books, and didn't just watch television:

My mom and I were in the movie theater before HP4 started, talking about other movies.

MOM: You know, they're making a movie of Tristan and Isolde.
APL: Really?
MOM: Yeah. Weird choice for a movie, huh?
APL: Yeah. (pause) They'll probably change the ending.

Hey, I told you it was lame. But it made my mom laugh. And she wasn't just being kind, I swear.

Aaaaaanyway, we saw trailers for King Kong (want to see it), Aeon Flux (want to see it--in the long preview, Charlize kicks serious distopian ass), Fun With Dick and Jane (the trailer was good, and although I still begrudge Tea Leoni for marrying David Duchovny, the woman can do slapstick), Superman Returns (got goosebumps just from the music--so excited), and Happy Feet (want to see it with Angry Boy).

Oh, and HP4 was really good. No, I didn't read the book. But the fourth book is my mom's favorite, and she thought the movie was as good as it could've been (i.e., the right choices were made as to what would have to be cut in order to make the movie less than 6 hours).

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Ha ha ha ha!

9:04 PM, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Can I just say this? Your mother totally rocks.

11:33 PM, November 27, 2005  
Blogger Mieke said...

Tea Leoni is hilarious. That movie is supposed to suck. It's been done for over a year and they've been back to do reshoots and figure out how to market it. It will be interesting to see if it ends up being even a little bit good.

Did you ever see THE FAMLY MAN? It's an utterly charming film. Totally under rated.

12:54 AM, November 28, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I may have to go see it then!

Glad you are getting out a bit for fun. I saw Derailed this weekend, and I was thoroughly disturbed.

12:10 PM, November 28, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Glad to hear from you again. Your mom is awesome :)

I just saw Tea Leoni in Spanglish. She was a nutjob. But she is usually very funny. Her abs are amazing.

1:54 PM, November 28, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

My mom DOES rock, YT, thanks for noticing!

Mieke, thanks for the buzz on Dick & Jane.

2:24 PM, November 28, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

HL, disturbed in a good way? Should I rent it, eventually?

R2K, if I ever have time (ha!), I want to rent Spanglish.

4:27 PM, November 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home