Friday, November 04, 2005

Coming up for air

... only to resubmerge for another week. To those who keep checking here, I thank you for not giving up. I promise that after the coming week, I'll be back posting regularly. I leave you with a song.

Treading Water
Movies like zoos
Try another me and I will try another you
Or put my arms around you
Like I think you want me to
But tell me what you’re thinking
I so often misconstrue
Treading water
Treading white wine
Seeing borders
Seeing straight lines
I get these feelings that I don’t
Have much time
Always rushing
Always late
Movies like zoos
I talk to missionaries when they’re
Standing at my door
They tell me what I should be reading
I still can’t see what for
We both stand there politely trying
To change each other’s core
When other angels float by
They seem likely to fall
From the sky
What I want is difficult
I must try
Always rushing
Always late

- Nada Surf

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also file under "songs I listen to every time I'm borrowing APL's car."

9:57 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Hope everything becomes less crazy for you soon. Hang in there!

12:12 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

We miss you!

12:49 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Thanks for the resurfacing! And, like Pink Cupcake said.

Count me among those who have missed you this week.

12:53 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Phantom and I were just saying yesterday that we miss you and hope you are too smothered at work! Hope your trial goes (is going) fantastic!

10:45 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Missing you BIG! We're waiting patiently...

1:07 PM, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

Good luck as you (hopefully) near the end of trial madness!! I've been thinking of you.

2:44 PM, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

APL is doing well and will resurface soon. Light is at the end of the tunnel, and no, it doesn't appear to be a train.

- NSAH

9:13 AM, November 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home