Friday, November 18, 2005

Back in the day...

I used to watch movies.

As seen at Phantom's, here are the movies listed in the Rough Guide to Comedy Movies. The ones I've seen are in bold:

Airplane!
All About Eve
Amelie
Annie Hall
The Apartment
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
Blazing Saddles Love this movie. "A man drink like that, and he don't eat, he is going to DIE." "When?"
Bringing Up Baby
Broadcast News Wanted to be a journalist after watching this movie a billion times. Can still recite most of the dialogue from memory.
Caddyshack
Le diner de con
Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb Didn't get it
Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
Duck Soup
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Four Weddings and a Funeral Great movie, but worst Andie MacDowell line ever: "Is it raining? I hadn't noticed." Could she BE more wooden?!
The General
Ghostbusters "Listen...do you smell something?"
The Gold Rush
Good Morning Vietnam
The Graduate
Groundhog Day Wherein Andie redeems herself, and I find myself more in love with Bill than I'd even thought possible
A Hard Day's Night
His Girl Friday Round of applause for Ralph Bellamy, ladies and gentlemen!
Kind Hearts and Coronets
The Lady Killers
Local Hero Regardless of the movie, Peter Reigert will always be Boon to me.
Manhattan
M*A*S*H Blech
Monty Python's Life of Brian
National Lampoon's Animal House Again, full of love for Boon.
The Odd Couple
The Producers
Raising Arizona Blech.
Roxanne
Rushmore
Shaun of the Dead
A Shot in the Dark
Some Like it Hot
Strictly Ballroom
Sullivan's Travels
There's Something About Mary
This is Spinal Tap

To Be or Not to Be
Tootsie
Toy Story
Les vacances de M. Hulot
When Harry Met Sally... My favorite movie of all time since the year it came out.
Withnail and I

4 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Finally, another someone who's seen Duck Soup!

10:44 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Oh, when I was 14, I was a HUGE Marx Brothers fan. My favorite, though, is "Animal Crackers." When we were in college, my roomies and I were the Marx Brothers one year for Halloween. I was Chico.

10:47 PM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I'm laughing because I thought I was the ONLY PERSON ALIVE that hadn't seen Amelie!!! I guess not!

You've seen lots of movies!

11:02 AM, November 19, 2005  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

J. is a big Marx Brothers fan. I can't keep track very well of the ones I've shown him. Funny, I never used to watch them, but I very much enjoyed books by Groucho and by Harpo (go read Harpo Speaks, both of you!).

Broadcast News: my favorite part is the young Holly Hunter (played by Gennie James) at the beginning. Her rant about not calling a person "obsessive" is priceless. My husband thinks it's just like me, sadly.

1:05 PM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home