Monday, October 10, 2005

Billable 14

Trying to find any way to keep posting despite the crushing amount of work I have to do (not whining--I needed the work), so here's an iTunes shuffle of some songs that just seem to go well together tonight:
  1. "Float On," Modest Mouse

  2. "My Old School," Steely Dan

  3. "Today's the Day," Aimee Mann

  4. "The Facts About Jimmy," Shawn Colvin

  5. "I Gotcha," Joe Tex

  6. "All That That Implies," Michael Penn

  7. "Animal," Prick

  8. "How Deep Is Your Love," Jonatha Brooke

  9. "Renegade," Styx

  10. "Goodbye Stranger," Supertramp

  11. "Senorita With a Necklace...," Paul Simon

  12. "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)," Looking Glass

  13. "Sick of Myself," Matthew Sweet

  14. "Poor Misguided Fool," Starsailor


(I originally stopped at 10, but iTunes kept giving me great ones, so I included them here.)

I really enjoy each one of those songs. And most of them have great lyrics, for example:

So better pack your bags and run
and send it to oblivion
where you don't look like anyone
that anyone would care about
And do what you do
'Til it buries you

--Aimee Mann


Not exactly the most uplifting thought, especially while toiling away, but still. It's well put. Hope I'll have more time to post comments on all your blogs in the coming days.

12 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

I like your list (except, for personal reasons) # 12.

I admire your blogging fortitude.

11:02 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Hahahaha. I love that song. Very nostalgic. (Plus, I had a dog named Brandy, and I used to sing it to her, substituting the word "dog" for "girl" and "wife").

11:38 AM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

#3 has serious history for me during the worst summer of my life. Also Aimee's "Satellite" can leave me a wreck. I love when blogger's post their listening lists. Invariably, I get something new out of them and gain in my musical education. :)

1:20 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Songbird said...

Oh, no, William and Mary won't do...and I'm never going back to my old school.
Okay, that's not true. I was there over the summer. Love that song.

1:38 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I think it was Pearl Cleage who wrote that you can learn all sorts of interesting things about people by studying their music collection : ) I love music lists.

Hi, running2ks, how weird--I saw that you posted above me on my sister's blog recently (any day a beautiful change). Small world.

3:37 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

(Hey Elizabeth! I like your sister's blog. Just found it).

APL, but the dog/woman gets left in that song. Off to see the sea...

3:56 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

Great list, and I adore Aimee Mann.

7:10 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Jessica said...

Off to find out more about "Aimee Mann". :)

11:37 PM, October 11, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Ah, Aimee Mann. Jessica, I recommend starting with the Magnolia soundtrack or Lost in Space, which I think was the best album of 2002 (slightly ahead of Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head). I think that was the last year in which I bought 2 CDs.

7:51 AM, October 12, 2005  
Blogger Paulo said...

Paulo loves you.

~Paulo

11:18 PM, October 13, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

where are you?

10:06 PM, October 14, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Aw, thanks for asking after me, YT.

1:57 PM, October 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home