Thursday, September 01, 2005

We'll have no more of that, then

Ok, I will leave the quizzes and contests and prizes to the folks who know how to pull it off.

My own gas report:

The station nearest my home was closed on my way home from work. Like most major chains, it hadn't raised its prices very high. The signs still read 2.97.

Went out to Bigass Wholesaler tonight, and on the way home I checked out the gas prices. Most were in the 2.97 to 2.99 range. Saw one very close to my home selling for 2.94! As I turned onto my street, though, I looked to see whether my closest gas station had reopened... Yup, but the price for regular was 3.14! It's a chain, too, so I don't know why their price went up.

Still, I'm not complaining. I know that the worst is yet to come.

7 Comments:

Blogger Running2Ks said...

$3.50 here. I fill up every other week and I am making my husband take the train now.

10:13 PM, September 01, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Older Daughter sat in line for 30 minutes today to pay 3.09 per gallon. Tomorrow, all stations closed, all day.
And you're right: it's going to get worse.

10:32 PM, September 01, 2005  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

This just sucks hard. I'd love a hybrid, but they are so damned expensive.

10:46 PM, September 01, 2005  
Anonymous Justine said...

I am so glad not to have to drive a car anymore. (I still have my car, I'm in the process of selling it, but I recently moved to NY so now I get around by subway.)

12:54 AM, September 02, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I tried, I really did but there were sooo many comments, I was going to be guessing all day!

Don't give up on the quizzes. I like 'em.

I saw on the news that only 7% of our gas comes from the Gulf, so why would our supply around the country dwindle? I can see why those states directly affected by the hurricane or adjacent, but not the rest of the country, right?

I'll just add another bullet point on the list of things I hate about this administration.

9:45 AM, September 02, 2005  
Blogger susan said...

$3.19 here in the midwest--Costco seemed to have run out of gas, and I saw a few lines near busy intersections but for the most part the stations didn't seem to be too busy. And no sign that people in this city (which granted, has a crappy public transport system) are really adjusting their driving much (not that I am, since I cthe added time it would take me to take the bus to work would really mess with my ability to pick up my child from day care. So maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental).

10:18 PM, September 02, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Hey and welcome, Susan!

9:45 PM, September 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home