Thursday, September 29, 2005

Pardon me?

Saw this tidbit today on the White Collar Crime Prof Blog. Bush issued 14 pardons the other day (happened to be the same day DeLay was indicted). If you follow the link in the blog, you'll see the sentences that these (apparently well-connected) folks received for their crimes. I was honestly suprised at how light the sentences were; lots of probations (this was before the adoption of the then-mandatory Sentencing Guidelines).

Also, saw this, which made me smile... and think of Angry Boy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

All of a sudden I feel quite sure that we're out of stamps. Excuse me while I toddle off to the post office...

8:37 PM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger LibraryCrunch said...

Wow! I was amazed to see that one of the pardons went to some guy who was found guilty of: Property damage by use of explosives and destruction of an energy facility.

Hope you don't mind, I plugged the same topic on my blog:
http://www.educatedliberal.com/blog/2005/09/bush-pardoning-domestic-terrorists.html

8:33 AM, September 30, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

I definitely thought of Phantom. Not of her kids, but of herself. I love these stamps and am getting some.

12:48 PM, September 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home