Friday, September 09, 2005

File under "Things I've been meaning to tell Phantom for days now"

Well, it took us nearly a year to do it, but on Monday, I finally hooked up a VCR in our no-longer-new home. (Blame the delay on the fact that we packed up the necessary cables a bit too well and couldn't locate them for a long while.)

First thing to go in the VCR? Muppet Show tapes! And now, every morning when I go into Angry Boy's room, I'm greeted with the following: "Watch Muppet Show?" When I came home from work this evening, AB was already at the dinner table, munching happily on cheese, dinosaur-shaped Ritz crackers, and red peppers. But he stopped munching to tell me, "Want to watch Muppet Show."

So, after dinner, we went downstairs and watched the Harry Belafonte episode.

9 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

I love the Muppet Show. It was my favorite when I was a child. I was always fond of the episode with Liza Minelli when they did "Copa Cabana".

10:01 AM, September 10, 2005  
Blogger liz said...

My favorite was the Arlo Gutherie episode.

1:45 PM, September 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favorite scenes of the Muppet Show is with Mr. Belafonte where he couldn't keep a straight face as Fozzy kept on interrupting him during the "Banana Boat" song.

1:57 PM, September 10, 2005  
Blogger KLee said...

I love the Muppet Show. I've always been a big Kermit girl. :)

Has your little guy seen "Muppets wizard of Oz", APL? It recently aired on ABC as a "wonderful World of Disney" special, and was released on DVD not but a couple of weeks ago. My husband and daughter are so into Pepe, the King Prawn. :)

What's his favorite character?

1:57 PM, September 10, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh, this made my day. The Harry Belafonte episode is one of the best ones ever made. AB has excellent taste!

The funniest was when LG started developing a crush on Raquel Welch and Debbie Harry...

10:52 PM, September 10, 2005  
Blogger Pink Cupcake said...

Oooh, I love the Muppets too...Stadtler and Waldorf were some of my favourites, and I have two law school friends (who are best friends themselves) just like them!

2:24 PM, September 11, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I kept trying to post earlier and it wouldn't let me. Hrmph.

Ok, so don't get mad, but the muppets scare me. They really do, I don't know why. And the other thing that truly scares me? Wizard of Oz. I got goose bumps when Klee said there was a muppets wizard of oz. It is like my worst nightmare!

7:42 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

HL, I'm laughing so hard at you right now, you don't even know. :-)

10:02 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Hey hey, don't be mean, now.

11:47 AM, September 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home