Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Weird, wonderful day

Wonderful in that I was busy at work, but not too busy. In other words, the day flew by, but I wasn't stressed out.

Weird in that, during my downtime, I engaged in a strange, friendly ribbing email exchange with a few other attorneys, which lasted for hours. If not for anonymity concerns (I am clinging to hope that it's not pink-slip-worthy obvious just which of the thousands of attorneys in my city I may be), I would post the entire thing here. Hint for many of the bloggers I know: it involved a heated (but not really) argument over Grandma Blue's team vs. Blonde Justice's team. I eagerly made my case for Grandma Blue's team, as usual. The emails proved to be a nice diversion throughout the day.

Speaking of emails, this email from NSAH made me laugh out loud:
[Once in his daycare class,] AB was content with his toys – I asked him to take the dinosaur out of his mouth, was momentarily horrified to see that the dinosaur’s head was missing, but then realized I was staring at an elephant’s trunk, not a dinosaur’s neck.


UPDATE: Crap, I messed up. Grandma Blue apparently roots for the Evil Empire, which I knew but forgot, like the moron I am. Thank you, HL, for pointing out my mistake. So there be no confusion from this point forward:

Sox rule.

12 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I'd love to see a transcript of the e-mails sometime. NSAH's e-mail made me laugh out loud.

11:04 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I'm cracking up over the elephant.

11:27 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Ask and ye shall receive, Liz. (Look in your inbox in a little while.)

8:35 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Me too me too! Please can I have a transcript too? Although I am a little disappointed to hear that you made a case for Grandma Blue's team!!! Have ye no shame?

9:35 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger Blonde Justice said...

Uh oh, I find myself yet again saying "I don't get it." Who's Grandma Blue? You have to email me...
(blondejustice at gmail)

10:19 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

HL, check your inbox.

Blonde, I hope I haven't messed up by forgetting which team you root for. Grandma Blue is Phantom Scribbler's MIL, and she is a fan of a certain championship team, as am I.

11:17 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

And she still doesn't have a blog, or I would've gladly linked to it.

11:17 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Nuh-uh, APL! Grandma Blue is a Yankees fan! Tell me you are not!

12:04 PM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

THANK YOU PHANTOM for showing up to show her the error of her ways. I already sent her the passover haggadah, so no need to forward it to her : )

Its alright, though, APL was rooting for the RIGHT team, she just had her fans confused.

12:10 PM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ha ha, so "pointing out mistake" is code word for writing a hysterical email all in caps pointing out that grandma blue loves the yankees?

You are very forgiving, APL.

2:26 PM, August 04, 2005  
Anonymous womanofthelaw said...

It's tough being a fan of the World Champions, right? You just wanted to share the pure love and joy with those who mistakenly root for the Evil Empire. It happens.

Yay Sox! I wish they'd stop getting hit in the head with a variety of objects!

As an aside, Mazzilli got fired today. I'm not sure how I feel about it... I don't know if I liked him as a manager but he's got a tough job.

3:34 PM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Yeah, we've been talking about Mazzilli in the office today, too. Not sure how I feel about that. I've been conditioned since 1997 to think that anything Angelos does is WRONG, so sometimes it's hard to objectively evaluate his actions.

3:51 PM, August 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home