Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Thank you

I was going to post a comment to the previous post, but I want to make sure you all see this:

Thank you so much for your thoughts and kind words. Thank you for the suggested readings, like the story about heaven here (link courtesy of Blonde Justice) and the always popular "Rainbow Bridge" (recommended by concretegodmother and, by separate email, nutso-ranter). I'd also like to thank my dad, even though he will never see this because does not know about this blog, who dropped by the house today with some old photos of Big Dog and a photocopy of this column by Charles Krauthammer from 2003. I just re-read that column while petting Little Dog, who's curled up beside me, and I nearly cried.

And thank you for the stories about your own dogs. It makes me feel a little better to know that Big Dog will enjoy romping with Sparky, Barnabas, Posey, and Maisie (and even Piglet the Hamster). She always did love other dogs.

7 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

No, thank you for sharing Big Dog with us.

9:57 PM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Second that. Support is always here :)

11:53 PM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Oh, I just read the article and cried too.

I thought about you all day, APL. I hope that only sweet memories of Big Dog will fill your mind.

I can send you some non-frou-frou dogs to keep you company also.

Hugs.

11:55 AM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger liz said...

Big hugs to you. I'm sure Big Dog is happily playing with Beowulf (gone a year ago last spring) and all the other blogger's puppies.

5:07 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Hope you're on the mend a little. I know so clearly how it feels, and it sucks. But yeah, what they said: thanks for giving us a glimpse into the great Big Dog

6:04 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

Cleo was waiting to greet Big Dog in heaven; she was a little dog who loved everyone. I hope that you're feeling better, but I'm sending you another hug just in case. {{{APL}}}}

10:52 AM, August 04, 2005  
Blogger mc said...

APL, I'm just catching up on some blog reading and saw this post... I'd forgotten that I commented here and nearly stopped in my tracks when you mentioned Sparky. Hope y'all are doing better this week... Big Dog was lucky to have found you.

8:41 PM, August 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home