Thursday, August 25, 2005

Spooky

In the car tonight, the radio station I was listening to started playing the cover of "I'm a Believer" by Smashmouth. I think it was on the Shrek soundtrack. I listen for the first few lines, then remember I don't really like this version. So I flip to another station. Went a little something like this:

SMASHMOUTH: Love was out to get me/That's the way it seemed/Disappointment haunted all my dreams...

MONKEES: Then I saw her face/Now I'm a believer

Yep, indeedy. I not only turned to another station that was playing the original version of the song, but they were synchronized! I spent the next minute flipping back and forth between the two versions.

It's the little things that make me smile.

6 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

That is soooooo cool!

I had a hell version of that last year. Four different radio stations were all playing the same song..and it was one I hated.

7:08 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

That's very cool. And weird.

9:53 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I wonder if the same company owned both stations and staged it? Spooky.

9:58 AM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger kenju said...

Sort of in the same vein: I was working a huge party today at our Civic Center. We had to place 10 charger plates on each of 80 tables. When we were packing up the plates at the shop, I was told to pack 800 plates. I could not count them, and there were 2-3 stacks left on the shelves. Believe it or not, when we finished the plates, it was the EXACT number we needed! Eerie as heck!

3:44 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger KLee said...

Cool beans! I *love* the Monkees! (the SmashMouth version is a bit grating, and I usually skip over that one on the Shrek soundtrack) I know, I know -- the Monkees fixation is odd. Is this the part where I reveal that I'm 35 years old and I carry a Monkees lunch box to school? (I really, truly do. I can post pics if you don't believe me!)

That's odd about the song on two different stations, though. I had three seperate stations that were playing Beatles songs the other day. They were different songs, but it was still a bit strange.

5:17 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Hey, it is a conspiracy. 2 FM stations here were playing simulcasts. For no special reason.

12:31 PM, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home