Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Phantom 51

As seen at Phantom Scribbler's place:

1. What is your first name? First name, Angry. Middle name, Pregnant. Last name, Lawyer.

2. Were you named after anyone? Nope. My mom just always liked my name.

3. Do you wish on stars? Used to, right up through college. One time I wished on a shooting star, and it was a really crazy, unrealistic but very specific wish.... And it came true! AAAAHHH!!! TWILIGHT ZONE!!!

4. When did you last cry? A few weeks ago when we said goodbye to Big Dog.

5. Do you like your handwriting? You know, I never had girly handwriting, even though I wished I did. But then, when I got to law school, lots of people told me that my non-girly writing might help me during exams, because professors might subconsciously give more weight to the analyses of men (or people with non-girly handwriting). That just made me sad.

6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Either corned beef or pastrami. I can't remember which I like best, 'cause there's no good deli around here.

7. What is your most embarrassing CD? I think I sold them at the used CD store. Let me ask NSAH, who's a better arbiter of what's embarrassing... Oh, he remembered a GOOD ONE. It's a CD single of Hal's "Extremis," which I bought solely because Gillian Anderson speaks the lyrics.

8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Probably not. I'm very shy, so if there were TWO shy mes, we'd probably think the other was just kind of aloof and not concern ourselves about it too much.

9. Do you have a journal? What the fuck do you call this?

10. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Yes, but mainly around the people I love the most.

11. What are your nicknames? APL.

12. Would you bungee jump? Hell yes. Would also jump out of a plane.

13. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off? No. I'm just that lazy.

14. Do you think that you are strong? Physically? Not as strong as I used to be, sadly. Emotionally? Yes.

15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Despite the fact that NSAH and I just polished off half a pint of Whole Fruit Strawberry Sorbet, my favorite flavor is Giant Cookies 'n' Cream.

16. Shoe size? 6.5 or 7, depending on the shoe. As I told Phantom, I like going to the little boys' section and buying Vans for cheap.

17. Red or pink? Red. Blue or pink? Blue. Puke green or pink? Puke green. So yeah, basically anything beats pink.

18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I sometimes say things that are meaner than intended to my husband. And sometimes my brain conspires with itself against me.

19. What do you miss most? The body I had when I was in law school and worked out 5-6 days a week.

20. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back? I'm not sending this to anybody.

21. What color pants/shoes are you wearing? Black track pants, no socks or shoes (got my feet up).

22. What are you listening to right now? "Reno 911" on the TV. God, I love Junior this season.

23. Last thing you ate? See answer to #15.

24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I don't know, but did you know that when dogs eat crayons, their poop comes out different colors?

25. What is the weather like right now? Rainy or muggy.

26. Last person you talked to on the phone? No one since I've been home. NSAH and Angry Boy talked to my dad when he called.

27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Height (I'm short--I notice how high I need to crane my neck).

28. Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one sent it to me, but I very much like Phantom, whose site I gacked it from.

29. Favorite drink? Diet Coke with Lime/Vanilla/Cherry.

30. Favorite sport? To watch? Depends what season it is. Right now, I'm excited about the coming football season. In the winter, I'll be excited about college hoops. To play? Either soccer or rugby, though it's been a while since I played either.

31. Hair color? Very dark, with the occasional gray.

32. Eye color? Dark brown.

33. Do you wear contacts? Nope. I have good eye genes from both mom and dad. Let's all hope AB inherits my eyes instead of my husband's.

34. Favorite food? The barbecue plate from Cook Out (drive-thru BBQ joint), though I haven't had it in ages.

35. Last movie you watched? Hedwig and the Angry Inch. LOVED it, and highly recommend it.

36. Favorite day of the year? I think Thanksgiving. All the family togetherness of Christmas, without the hassle of gifts. Plus, pumpkin pie.

37. Scary movies or happy endings? I like indie films. So sometimes happy endings, but mostly good-but-weird endings.

38. Winter or summer? Summer, baby! Hot hot hot! I love it!

39. Hugs or kisses? Big, strong hugs.

40. What is your favorite dessert? There's not much I don't like. That being said, my dad makes the best cream puffs I've ever had.

41. Who is most likely to do this meme? People with time on their hands.

42. Who is the least likely to do this meme and comment? No idea.

43. What books are you reading? The books on my nightstand are the ones I got for my birthday: Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama, Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi, and Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. It'll take me years to read just three books.

44. What's on your mouse pad? I have no mousepad for my laptop.

45. What did you watch on TV last night? "Family Guy" and "Futurama."

46. Favorite smells? Any baked goods.

47. Favorite sound? Don't have one.

48. Rolling Stones or Beatles? When I was younger, I would've said the Stones. Now, the Beatles.

49. What's the furthest you've been from your home? Norway.

50. Do you have a special talent? My special talent? Is that like Navin R. Johnson's "special purpose"?

51. What is your ring tone? The Nokia factory tone. But I'm planning to download Men At Work's "Overkill."

13 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Oooh! Overkill. I loved that song.

I always like your answers better than mine.

6:29 AM, August 10, 2005  
Anonymous KathyR said...

Your answer to #50 was exactly what I thought when I first read this thing over at Phantom's. I found my special purpose!

I did not know that about dogs/crayons/poop.

9:40 AM, August 10, 2005  
Anonymous Running2Ks said...

Mmmm, baked goods :)

10:28 AM, August 10, 2005  
Anonymous Genevieve said...

I also have Dreams From My Father and Reading Lolita In Tehran on my nightstand! Took me ages to start Reading Lolita, but now I'm loving it. Terrific book.

10:42 AM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Sheesh. For some reason I've been picturing you as a blonde all this time. Not bottle-blonde, just blonde. I have no idea why.

(Making mental adjustments)

Dark hair it is, then!

If LG keeps leaving his frickin' crayons on the floor, we are going to be able to answer the musical question, "Do baby poops turn the same color as ingested crayons?"

Oh, and thanks! I very much like you, too. (Blushing...)

10:42 AM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

But, *sniff, sniff*, what's wrong with pink? :-( Sad RV.

Seriously, great answers, and I think I need to bake something (something low-fat, of course) just to enjoy the smell.

10:52 AM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Damnit! I was answering this last night and then decided I'd finish it this morning, but now you beat me to it. THIEF!!!

I've been to Norway too! Where did you go? Josh lived there for 3 months and we have been back twice to visit.

Are you really short? I definitely didn't picture you as short.

Ok, off to finish my answers. Great meme!

11:53 AM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Laughing my ass off over the fact that I apparently come across in these posts as a tall blonde. :-)

12:03 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Some day, I'll do this thing. But y'all are way.too.clever. Mine would be boring.

5:42 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger susan said...

I can verify that kid poop gets turned different colors by something in Gogurt tubes (which led me to start buying organic yogurt tubes, which have no poop-altering effects). Not sure about the crayons (but it did remind me of a Drama in Real Life I read in Readers Digest as a child in which a family survived by eating crayons while waiting to get rescued. (But, my adult brain says, how is that possible when crayons have no nutritive value? maybe it was just a psychological boost? the column fascinated me as a child.)

8:06 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Ew, I did not know that about the Gogurt, Susan (and welcome to the blog).

10:06 PM, August 10, 2005  
Blogger susan said...

Thanks for the welcome, APL! I've been reading for a while and thought it was time to speak up so you'd know I was here.

My daughter's comment on the gogurt poop was "look mama! I have playdough in my body" which did make me laugh.

1:48 PM, August 11, 2005  
Blogger kenju said...

We definitely agree on the color pink and the barbecue plate from Cook Out!

10:45 PM, August 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home