Sunday, August 21, 2005

Meltdowns and hamstrings

Had a great time at the zoo with Muffin Man and Liz. Angry Boy was especially excited, and began saying, "Where's [Muffin Man]?" about 10 minutes before we even got together with the Mystery family.

AB was pretty good at the zoo, although he coveted Muffin Man's food. Oh, he had the exact same amount of food as MM, only AB scarfed his all down in about one-fourth the time (he's the master of swallowing without chewing). Muffin Man was so good about sharing. And he introduced AB to the ever-popular, stick-in-your-head songs of Fucking Aladdin (TM MysteryMommy), as well as Beethoven's Wig.

AB did have a meltdown around lunch--he did NOT want to nap, even though he was clearly drained after a morning of hustling around the bigass zoo. He wasn't the only one. Here's how out of shape I am: I pulled a hamstring, probably from trying to take huge strides while pushing a stroller with a 30-pound toddler up a 70-degree incline! I'm such a wuss. I didn't realize I'd pulled it until I got out of bed this morning, all old and creaky (me, not the bed--the bed is quite nice, actually). It doesn't actually hurt; it's more of an annoyance every time I take a step. Grrr.

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Oh shoot, APL! I'm so sorry about your hamstring. I hope it's better today.

9:59 AM, August 22, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Oh, my sympathies! Especially since I have a 30-pound FOUR YEAR OLD! Clearly I have gotten off easy in the stroller-pushing department...

10:07 AM, August 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home