Monday, August 22, 2005

Corndogapalooza

A meeting kept me at work late, so I had to hurry home. There are only 4 traffic lights on my way home, and I wound up speeding through two yellow lights (shame on me). Was greeted at home by the sound of "MOMMY! MOMMY!" coming from the dining room. Quickly ran in and kissed my boy, who was all grabby, sticky hands and who kept chanting "MOMMY! MOMMY!" even when I was all up in his face kissing him. He then switched from MOMMY to "RISTOCATS! RISTOCATS!" So I picked him up and we went into the bedroom to watch that movie. Again. I threw on some jeans, rubbed a wipe all over his dirty self (he can wait till tomorrow for a bath), and kissed him and the spouse goodbye. Hopped in the car and wound up at a cool venue, where Liz was already waiting. Got some good food and waited.

Didn't have to wait too long to see Corndog. We saw a few performers who looked like they were still in college, and an older hippie duo who were cute as can be. Liz and I scanned the crowd and tried to guess which one was Corndog. It was narrowed down between the guy in the Hawaiian shirt and the guy who looked like he had Weingarten Hair. Turns out, it was the Weingarten Hair guy (although, closer up, the Cordog Hair is in fact nowhere near as wild as 'fro-ish Weingarten Hair and instead is merely shaggy, as is the hip style these days). He did two original songs, and played to much applause.

Afterward, Liz and I cornered him for some conversation over coffee. Muffin Man, Angry Boy, Captain Entropy and the Dread Pirate Toddler figured prominently, bien sur. I had so much fun that I don't even mind the fact that I'm going to be up until 11:30 working (the aforementioned coffee will help in that regard, too).

8 Comments:

Blogger ccw said...

Would you like to come introduce Baby H to "Ristocats"? I would much prefer that over Barney.

Sounds like you had a very nice evening with Liz and Corndog.

8:43 AM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

More jealousy! More jealousy! You AND Liz got to see Corndog in concert! I wanna play, too!

10:17 AM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

y'all are havin' waaaaay too much fun without the old Yankee

10:20 AM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ahhhh man! I want to come too. Next time, give me some notice and I'll drive down to Virginia. It can't be that far, rigth?

10:32 AM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger RussianViolets said...

Yep, jealous as well! Wishing I was not in the middle of nowhere.

1:39 PM, August 23, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

I love hearing all sides of the night. Everyone has a different--yet still wonderful--take on it all.

6:30 PM, August 24, 2005  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

I b'lieve "Corndogapalooza" is about the mornin'-coffee-thru-the-nostrils-funniest word I've seen this week. :-)

Jealous of you 'Dogmaniacs! He should have a stopover in OKC on his way to L.A.!

--ER

11:41 AM, August 27, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Thanks for stopping by, ER!

10:17 PM, August 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home