Monday, July 18, 2005

You sure you wouldn't rather watch the HypnoToad?

Being the beneficiary of a link from a well-known blog is like getting an unexpected visit from some neighbors.

Plan A in that scenario is as follows: I rush around in my robe--ah, who'm I kidding? I don't wear a robe. I rush around in my underwear, kicking children's toys and books under the sofa or stashing them in big blue Rubbermaid tubs, yelling, "Just a minute! I'll be right out!" Maybe I even have a split second to grab the Dustbuster and suck up some of the massive clumps of dog hair that seem to just pop up everywhere. Except that whereas neighbors stand outside the door rolling their eyes in impatience, blog visitors can just come on in.

So I'll have to fall back on Plan B: "Hi, thanks for stopping by. Please ignore the clutter."

Really, in going back and looking at what I've posted in the past few days, I've noticed that it's not very coherent or organized. There is no theme or leitmotif (unless "random" is a leitmotif of sorts). I want to say to any of you newcomers, as Oscar Madison at the Columnist Manifesto exhorted you to do, please look at the archives. That is, don't judge based on my current front page. I'm really not that vapid. Or chaotic.

OK, possibly I am chaotic. But I do have depth, I swear.

Actually, Oscar Madison's link gives me a good excuse to explain the moniker. I started blogging in late 2002 and shortly thereafter realized that not only was I a lawyer and pregnant, I was angry a lot. And I also noticed that my anger combined with the awesome power of my pregnancy and the sheer force of lawyer-ness made people extremely apprehensive around me. And I liked it--mwahahahahaha. Hence the name. One of the reasons I kept it after giving birth to Angry Boy is that I really like the cadence of it. Although, where as Oscar Madison thinks of Single Female Lawyer from "Futurama," I think of Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer from "SNL." Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Anyway, I hope any newcomers will like enough of the fluff and clutter to return on the days I really do have something important to say.

5 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

You definitely deserve to be blog of the week, my fine lawyer friend.

8:56 PM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

What an honor. I've always enjoyed myself here :)

12:50 PM, July 19, 2005  
Blogger Quinn said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who starts humming, "Single Female Lawyer!" when I visit. Thanks for the info.

7:33 AM, February 01, 2006  
Blogger Arabella said...

Best. Name. Ever.

11:24 AM, September 02, 2006  
Anonymous adwokat said...

a very interesting publication

4:17 AM, August 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home