Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Na na na na na na na na Bath Man!

Others may claim to be bad mamas, but I was truly a mean--almost negligent--mom. Until tonight.

Tonight, Angry Boy got his first bubble bath. He screamed as he was being put into it, but then he calmed right down. He really loved the bubbles, although it was a constant struggle to keep him from eating them. I would've thought bubbles tasted bad, but apparently not. NSAH got some great pictures of him with a crown and beard of bubbles. Quite tasteful.

Which reminds me of another way I'm a bad mom: kid's nearly two and I don't have any nekkid pictures of him. I guess I'll have to be content with embarassing teenage AB with the bubblebath pictures when his girlfriends come over.

7 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Eh, you're a rank amateur as a bad mama. My kids have NEVER had a bubble bath. Top that.

(Ok, it's because LG has decided that he's scared of bubble baths, but still.)

4:24 AM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger jo(e) said...

None of my kids have ever had a bubble bath either.

(Yeah, it is also true that I'm allergic to bubblebath ... and my kids have lots of the same senstitivies I do .... but still, I would like bad mama points for that.)

8:42 AM, July 14, 2005  
Anonymous nutso ranter (formerly pottyphobe) said...

you ARE a bad mama... NO NEKID PICTURES???!!

Admittedly, I had to make a point of taking some nekid pictures of my son. I got to the 6 month mark and thought, I've GOTTA GET SOME NEKID PICTURES. So, I got some, and I've crossed it off my "bad mama" list.

9:54 AM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

2 words: shower sling.

I don't have any nekkid pics either. I had semi-nakey from the waste up, but not any little Anne Geddes bottoms or anything. I always e-mail pics to the grandfolks, so I never took any because I never wanted to send them online.

But, duh (forehead slap), I could have taken some for our own posterity. And alas, they are too old now. *SIGH* -- didn't even know I was a bad mom.

9:57 AM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Scrivener said...

I doubt I've got any true nekkid pictures either--for a long time we only had a 35mm camera, and I didn't want to get any of those developed.

Our kids have had many, many bubble baths though. They pretty much love all water activities, including showers, baths, sprinklers, whatever.

4:33 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

You can just tell people that you are categorically opposed to naked pictures. My mom apparently was, so I have none. I'm okay with it : )

4:43 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

But without the nakey babies, how shall we embarrass them in front of future dates (whom we find undesirable)?

5:32 PM, July 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home