Saturday, July 09, 2005

It's a beautiful day

Having a great weekend so far (*knocks on wood so as not to jinx things*). Yes, I had to go back into work last night, but only for a little bit. And when I came home, NSAH and I stayed up late watching "NewsRadio" episodes. I thought for sure we'd regret that decision in the morning, but no--the dogs and the boy let us sleep in (relatively speaking--7:30 a.m.). I can't remember the last time our old dog didn't ask to go out at 5:30 or 6 in the morning.

Had a leisurely morning, then met the lovely and talented Liz at MysteryMommy and Muffin Man at the petting zoo. Angry Boy had a blast, doing his crazy run and talking to all of the animals. He was even less whiny this time than he was the last time, so hurrah for that. You will be pleased to hear that AB and Muffin Man were very polite young men (lots of pleases and thank yous to be heard) and were all too happy to share their various snacks with each other (graham crackers, Cheerios, raisins).

AND we got to go to the MysteryHouse! It was a very nice house in a fantastic location. I was very much jealous of the nice, sunny playroom Muffin Man has. AND we got to meet Mr. Spock! SUCH a great daddy. Perfect calm demeanor, and so sweet and friendly to Angry Boy. I was worried AB would have issues when it was time to leave, but he was very good and waved bye-bye.

On our way home, we swung by the Busiest McDonalds Ever (all the local swim meets must have just ended; the place was flooded with pre-teens in bathing suits). But AB was pretty calm while I held him, and we eventually found a place to sit (no high chair!) where we could eat our burgers and split our fries and our strawberry shake. He rarely eats at McDs, so between the fries and the shake, he was in heaven.

As I was taking him out of the carseat when we got back home, he said, "Nap?" I said, "Yes, we'll go in and you can take a nap." And he flopped on me all the way inside, and I just put him down. Good boy.

UPDATE: Just thought I'd point out that yesterday, Running2Ks also had a post referencing the excellent U2 song in the title...

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

He is such a good boy. After you left, Muffin Man said, "Angry Boy is my friend."

3:09 PM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Thanks, Angry :)

Liz, soooo Cute!

Funny you should mention McD's--I just saw SuperSize Me and I'm on a total detox diet today. Just watching that movie made me feel so icky sicky.

7:25 PM, July 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home