Sunday, July 10, 2005

Indescribable

Had a great weekend, despite putting in a few hours both days for work. Angry Boy was so good, even though we did a ton of stuff: petting zoo, busy McDonald's, bigass shopping mall (including The Disney Store), farm.... Plus, I got to see Batman Begins.

Too tired to recount how awesome this weekend was, so I'm going to do this alphabet thingy I saw at Justaskjudy:

A is for Age: nearing a milestone (i.e., it ends in 0 or 5)
B is for Booze: Bourbon, preferably Maker's Mark. And beer is always good, too.
C is for Career: Law-talkin' guy
D is for Dad's name: He changed it when he left his home country
E is for Essential Item to bring to a Party: Wine, because I can't think of anything else to bring
F is for Favorite Songs at the Moment: As far as things I hear on the radio, Coldplay's "Speed of Sound" and the Foo Fighters' "Best of You." I also put Coldplay's A Rush of Blood to the Head back in my car's CD player, so I've been listening to that again.
G is for Goof-off thing to do: Read the paper, read blogs.
H is for Hometown: It's much bigger now than it was when I lived there
I is for Instrument you play: I don't play anything well. I can still play piano, harmonica, and a little guitar.
J is for Jam or Jelly you like: I prefer strawberry. Pretty much anything but orange marmalade is good.
K is for Kids: Just Angry Boy.
L is for Living arrangement: me, Not So Angry Husband, Angry Boy, old dog and young dog
M is for Mom's name: The popularity of my mom's name has been declining pretty steadily since the year of her birth.
N is for Names of best friends: Rabbit, Mambo, Jess, Pottyphobe
O is for overnight hospital stays: one in 2002, one in 2003
P is for Phobias: SNAKES! I am a total snake-aphobe, worse than Indiana Jones.
Q is for Quote you like: For a classic, "Lord, we know what we are but know not what we may be." For one that's more like me, "I think these will be remembered as my nice years, quickly to be followed by the sullen months, and then, of course, the obscure decades."
R is for Relationship that lasted longest: NSAH and I have been together since September 9, 1996, the night of the Wallflowers concert.
S is for Siblings: I'm an only child.
T is for Texas, ever been?: A couple of times.
U is for Unique trait: Although I have never lived in New York and I speak with a non-descript accent (I guess you could call it mid-Atlantic, if anything), as a result of rooming with a Bronx girl, I can no longer say "laundry" without making it all Bronxy, like "laaawuhndry."
V is for Vegetables you love: Mmm, fresh tomatoes. I can eat them like apples.
W is for Worst traits: Impatience with the people I love sometimes--I'm working on that.
X is for X-rays you've had: both ankles, both wrists, right foot.
Y is for Yummy food you make: I hardly make food, but NSAH likes my chocolate cupcakes from scratch.
Z is for Zodiac sign: Cancer

6 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

I was at BigAssMall on Sunday too!

9:29 AM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Happy soon-to-arrive birthday, APL!

11:32 AM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger kenju said...

Good list, APL. I'll send it to my AL (not pregnant, but angry at present).

1:43 PM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Pretty darned creative list you have there. Happy (future) birthday.

2:48 PM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Gina said...

I loathe orange marmalade.

And, one of my favorite things is a yummy tomato salad with balsamic, olive oil, mozzarella, and fresh herbs...

Can you tell I have not eaten dinner yet?

10:31 PM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

hmmmm, APL, could we be related? I have zero patience, plus love tomatoes, plus am an only child, plus a lawyer. Interesting... good list!

10:44 AM, July 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home