Thursday, July 14, 2005

Crappy afternoon

I know I missed the Wednesday Whine by one day, and this isn't even a champion whine, but I need to vent:

Work was sloooooooooow today. But I knew it would be, and I was OK with that. In fact, by 10 a.m., I'd already decided I would leave as soon as I heard from opposing counsel and we got a deal straightened out. Really, I just wanted to be able to leave by 3:30 so I could meet my mom and Angry Boy at the movie theater to catch the showing of "March of the Penguins" they were attending. So I sat around and waited. I left messages, I sent emails. No response. Of course, by the end of the workday, I realized I could've left early and seen the movie, because it's not like I missed a call or anything. Grrrr.

Second whine: Oh, and Schilling's back, so Yay!, except that he just gave up a 2-run homer in the top of the 9th. Grrrrr! More rehab for you!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Kristen said...

Sorry about your crappy day.

How did they like the movie? My two watch the March of the Penguins trailer on the computer (iTunes movie trailers) almost every single day. I can't wait to take them.

Assuming it gets to Wisconsin someday....

10:43 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger liz said...

Sorry your day was slow. Big hugs to you!

11:08 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ugh, sounds like many of my days. Waiting waiting waiting. I have advil in my desk drawer specifically for some people who will inevitably stop by during the day. As soon as they walk in, my head starts pounding. Maybe I am allergic to them.

10:01 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Mieke said...

J took Jonas to see the movie over the weekend (at 3.5 it was his first movie theater experience ever) and Jonas loved it.

10:29 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Ok, I need to get out more because I have never even heard of this movie.

But Schilling blowing it in the ninth? Yeah, that I heard about.

Sigh.

11:33 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Man that stinks. I wish there was some sort of work cam where you could just leave and if anything comes up be able to deal with it.

1:52 PM, July 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home