Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Another meme

Liz tagged me for this one:

1. What were three of the stupidest things you have done in your life?

This is very hard for me to answer because I have very few regrets, in that I like very much where I am right now, and I wouldn't be here if anything else had been different. Plus, I tend to look for the good in all things, so I don't dwell on the stupid things I've done. But here goes:

a) The stupidest thing wasn't really my fault, so I'm not even sure if it counts.
b) I dated a guy who told me I was the least considerate person he'd ever met… and I continued to think I wanted to be with him
c) For the third thing, can I just combine all the occasions in my life in which I had "too much" to drink? Good, OK.

2. At the current moment, who has the most influence in your life?

Angry Boy.

3. If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick up five people to dine with, who would you pick?

Scrivener said it best:

Why would I want to use a time machine to plan a dinner party? Shouldn't I be using it to go back in time and buy stock in Microsoft or IBM or to warn the Navy about Pearl Harbor or to get photographic evidence of Dubya snorting coke and burning American flags while AWOL? And who exactly is giving me a time machine but then ordering me to only use it to dine with five people?


4. If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

Rather than being altruistic, because everyone's snagged the good answers to this (e.g., no hunger, world peace, etc.), I'll go the selfish route:

a) I wish neither NSAH nor I ever had to work again.
b) I wish our house was "finished"--that is, the addition we're talking about would already be on, the new deck would be on, all the rooms would be painted, and we'd have plenty of furniture (we've been getting by with just 3 dining room chairs for more than a year now).
c) I wish I had time to read again (see answer (a)).

5. Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

Regret not having:
A good fishmarket
A minor league baseball team

Things to avoid:
Driving at or below the speed limit
At this time of year, being outside between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.

6. Name one event that has changed your life.

Having AB

7. Tag 3 people.

No.

6 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Shoot! I like your wishes better than mine.

9:50 AM, July 27, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does telekinesis considered "supernatural"?

If I have a time machine, I'm going back to the time in which they're drafting the Constitution to encourage them to add a little clarity to the Second Amendment and the church-state divide. Oh, and tell them slavery's going away in a few years, anyway, so they might as well prohibit and lose the whole "three-fifths" nonsense.

- NSAH

10:49 AM, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Is a house ever really finished? And then if it is do you move? And if you live in it longer, doesn't it have to be done again?

Love your answers. I had fun with this one too :)

11:26 AM, July 27, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

APL, I'll come visit and we'll paint all your rooms. It'll be fun.

NSAH, good idea. I am with you on that one.

3:27 PM, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Brilliant! See, this is what I get for dragging my heels on this one... all the best answers are already taken!

10:04 AM, July 28, 2005  
Blogger Scrivener said...

See, and I thought I was the last one to do this meme.

1:17 PM, July 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home