Monday, June 06, 2005

That other book meme

Lots of folks have done it, most recently Phantom Scribbler and MysteryMommy. Now it's my turn:

Number of books I own: Just under 600 are accounted for on shelves and tables and nightstands throughout the house. However, NSAH and I recently came to the conclusion that there must be some books still packed up somewhere, because just last week we couldn't find some that we know we own.

Last book I bought: Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich. I highly recommend it, even though I can't get hot 'n' bothered about all of Ehrenreich's complaints about the hourly-wage world (I mean, c'mon, is it that hard to refrain from smoking pot?)

Last book I read: Nickel and Dimed was the last book I read, too. Unless you want to get technical. In which case, it was Tails by Matthew Van Fleet, which NSAH and I both read to Angry Boy before bedtime tonight.

Five books that mean a lot to me: I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words by Michael Frith (first book I ever read on my own, can't remember how old I was).
The Prydain Chronicles by Lloyd Alexander (read them over and over again through elementary school--yes, I'm counting that as one book, leave me alone)
Postcards From the Edge by Carrie Fisher (first time I ever read a book where I swore the author was in my head--I was 15)
Lie Down in Darkness by William Styron (read it during a weird period of my life)
My copy of Where the Wild Things Are autographed by Maurice Sendak

2 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

OOoooh the Prydain books. The first one I read was Castle of Llyr.

Too bad about what Disney did with 'em.

9:32 PM, June 06, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Autographed Wild Things? Wow!

12:48 PM, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home