Friday, June 03, 2005

Oy.

I had started this day happy and exuberant, planning to post tonight some more about the latest NYT class articles. Then I arrived at work.

I'll spare you the details. Suffice it to say that I'm eschewing my usual post-work beer and/or Diet Coke for the hard stuff and that I'm drowning my sorrows in some really good leftover Chinese takeout (chicken and snow peas, with a ton of water chestnuts).

I am, however, very much looking forward to Sunday's NYT piece, which will be about the hyper-rich! Exciting! Schadenfreude!

4 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

sorry for the shitty day. My hubs just got back from a business trip in kentucky and came back with some 130 proof bourbon. Should I send you some?

8:23 PM, June 04, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Do you have to ask?!

What brand, out of curiousity? I went to Kentucky a couple of years ago. Stopped at a store called the Liquor Barn. It. Was. Awesome.

9:14 PM, June 04, 2005  
Blogger Deviant Law Student said...

I just read the NYTimes article on the hyper-rich. I almost felt sorry for the "old money," but then re-focused on how I could get Nantukcet to sink into the sea next Memorial Day weekend. A little 'Lex Luthor,' perhaps, but I think the world would be a better place.

11:14 AM, June 05, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

I have to check tonight on the bourbon. Maybe james something?

All I know is that the hubs was on this long project in kentucky and kept coming back with new bottles of bourbon and I kept begging please. please. just. stop.

4:53 PM, June 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home