Thursday, June 30, 2005

Is it Friday yet?

So, what's everybody doing for the long weekend?

I'm not traveling anywhere exciting. I'm not doing any blogger meet-ups (unless pottyphobe starts her own damn blog, 'cause I will be meeting up with her at some point). I will be relaxing in the good weather, drinking beer (if wonderful Not So Angry Husband buys some at the store on his way back home from work tonight), and perhaps hitting a golf ball or two.

I'll also be working. So will NSAH. Work has been nuts for the both of us. It's 9:30 now and I'm actually still not done with the work I have to do tonight. I'm just taking a break between assignments. Luckily, the work I have is work that I don't mind doing--as opposed to work that makes me bang my head against the wall.* NSAH, well, his head-banging days are numbered, I hope. Tonight he came home for about 20 minutes just to spend some time with Angry Boy before the little guy went to bed. And then he went right back to work. At least I can work from home.

When I picked up AB from school today, he was one of three kids (out of six, I think) left in class. One of his teachers was reading to them from a big storybook. As I walked into the classroom, the other two kids turned around, and one of them even walked toward me. Not AB. He was engrossed in the book. He was sitting right up close, his head leaning back and his mouth slightly open. It's the same look I'd get if I'd had too much beer and was watching a movie from the front row. Not that I've ever done that.

* Speaking of which, any of you ever have the pleasure of opening the paper and seeing unflattering stories about your client(s)? Yeah. This was me, earlier this week: "Oh, shit... Oh, well." (picks up another section) "Oh, shit!... Oh, well."

11 Comments:

Anonymous KathyR said...

Road trip to La Jolla!

9:57 PM, June 30, 2005  
Blogger kiwi said...

Call it cynical, but sometimes the unflattering story about your client translates to new business from your client. Every cloud, silver lining, and all that.

10:12 PM, June 30, 2005  
Blogger SuzanH said...

Yet another family wedding. This time I'm going to AAA and gettinga triptik so we don't end up cruising around parts best-not-known in the middle of the night.

Have fun. Particularly with the beer.

10:34 PM, June 30, 2005  
Anonymous Justine said...

I was supposed to go to Ithaca for the weekend, but it looks like that's not going to work out -- long story. However, I will still enjoy my 4-day weekend -- will probably do some stuff locally with family, maybe fireworks and some other stuff. Nothing big.

11:54 PM, June 30, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm going nowhere fast this weekend. At least, I sincerely hope that I'm going nowhere.

8:40 AM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger Songbird said...

I have to work on Sunday, of course, but on Monday we are going to Charming Town down the coast to enjoy an old-fashioned 4th of July celebration on the town green with my sister-in-law and her kids.
And the weather is even supposed to be nice!

8:54 AM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger Songbird said...

P.S. This is mostly about getting some homemade strawberry shortcake, served by dear little old ladies every 4th under a tent.

8:54 AM, July 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sleep ... golf ... work ... sleep ... sleep ... meet up with pottyphobe ... sleep ... sleep ... console dog during fireworks ... sleep ...

- NSAH

9:17 AM, July 01, 2005  
Anonymous pottyphobe said...

Don't hold your breath! I'm NOT getting a blog. Why should I? When I can post on yours (with its already built-in fan club)?

Hey NSAH, how's it going?

I love that kids can have the same facial expressions as drunk adults, and not be embarrassed. Last night, my little one fell asleep in his high-chair, mid-spaghetti, head tilted back, and drooling. If he were 30, it would be a decidedly unflattering pose... but as a 9 month old, he can pull it off.

10:11 AM, July 01, 2005  
Anonymous Kristen said...

Good luck with the work. I hope he got some very good beer on the way home last night! We are staying home for the first time in years. It's nice not to be on the road this holiday weekend.

11:02 AM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger liz said...

You've got a boy wonder on your hands, there.

We're not doing anything much this weekend either.

Try to take deep breaths between work hours!

11:03 AM, July 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home