Thursday, June 16, 2005

Insane in da meme brain, Insane in da brain!

Anyway, Halloweenlover over at lots and lots of nonsense... has tagged me for Phantom Scribbler's how-I-met-my-significant-other meme.

I met Not So Angry Husband at work. And we lived happily ever after. The end.

Sorry, but any further details could very well give me away. Plus, I'm lazy.

I've also been meaning to do the meme I saw over at Set Free (but I'm lazy and uncreative--see above meme--and don't feel like answering all of them):

My uncle once: gave me a Cars tape and a Pink Floyd tape for my 10th birthday.

Never in my life: did I not own a dog.

High school was: a time for (thankfully) unrequited crushes on English teachers, and lots of dating.

I will never forget: the worst things I've ever done.

I once met: Barney Frank, President Clinton, and Joe Lieberman. All the famous people I've met have been politicians.

Once at a bar: I won a beer by knowing the answer to the trivia question (The Grass Roots' "Midnight Confessions" came out in 1967).

By noon I'm usually: hungry.

Last night: I didn't do everything I had planned to do.

If only I had: more time for everything except work.

Next time I go to church: it will be for a wedding, a baptism, or a funeral.

When I turn my head left: I see my reflection in the mirror.

When I turn my head right: I see Not So Angry Husband typing away on his laptop, and the little dog licking his arm.

You know when I'm lying when: and if I decide to tell you--otherwise, you won't know.

Every day I think about: my lovely boy.

By this time next year: I'll be a year older.

I have a hard time understanding: bigotry.

If I ever go back to school I'll: go to med school.

You know I like you when: I give you shit. (And by "shit," I don't mean "stuff," as in material goods. I mean it as in, "APL, if you don't stop giving me shit about [embarrasing incident], I'm going to leave your sorry ass by the side of the road!")

If I won an award the first person I'd thank is: my parents.

My ideal breakfast is: a McDonald's Egg McMuffin and a hash brown. Or a Belgian Waffle with strawberries and whipped cream. Or a Waffle House Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich. Or a heap of crispy bacon. Mmmm.... This from the person who almost never eats breakfast.

A song I love, but do not have is: "Baker Street." Both the original by Gerry Rafferty and the Foo Fighters cover.

7 Comments:

Blogger halloweenlover said...

Ahhhh nuts, I was looking forward to a cute story.

I love the title though, APL, you are so hip.

Hmmm, who can we tag with this now?

11:20 AM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Songbird said...

Considering what your ideal breakfasts are, it's probably just as well you don't eat them too often!
Mine are the same way.

1:31 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Barney Frank is my hero. The "I gave at the office" line during Monicagate? Priceless.

Shit, and you've met Maurice Sendak, too. I am not worthy!

4:24 PM, June 17, 2005  
Anonymous pottyphobe said...

I love your ideal all-cholesterol breakfast choices.

hubby (used potty lover) loves Gerry Rafferty and Baker Street

4:29 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Dear God, I LOVE that you're going to keep the "pottyphobe" handle, pottyphobe. You rule. As does your Freecycle-lovin' husband.

Halloweenlover, if I wasn't trying to be anonymous, I'd have added more. But don't think you're missing much--it is a nice but boring story.

5:40 PM, June 17, 2005  
Anonymous Justine said...

omg, one of my friends & I have discussed "Baker Street." He loves it, I like it, but I always found it kind of depressing. Especially that line about "Just one more year and then you'll be happy." That always haunted me somehow. I guess if you really listen to the lyrics there is hope there too, but in a bleak sort of way.

P.S. My friend recently burned me a ton of '70s songs on CDs -- including "Baker Street" and Gerry Rafferty's "Right Down the Line."

9:01 PM, June 17, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Justine, if you put those CDs into mp3 format, I'll be your best friend if you'd share them with me! I love "Right Down the Line," too!

And I think "Baker Street" is a haunting, bleak song. To me it's living in a lonely fast-moving city, full of "booze and one-night stands." The people talk about moving out to the country, to "a quiet little town" but you know they never will.

9:05 PM, June 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home