Sunday, June 26, 2005

Excellent weekend

Went to Home Despot this morning with NSAH and AB. Got a cheap hose and a sprinkler (the yard's looking a little brown). Dropped off a bunch of clothes (mine and AB's) at Goodwill. And tried out a local barbecue joint--meh, disappointing, though the woman who ran the place was super nice. She asked us all about AB, and marveled at how much he talked. I explained that yes, he does talk a lot, but no, we can't always figure out exactly what he's trying to say.

At 12:05, he wandered into his room, stood in front of his crib, and said "Seep!" [Sleep!] I'm not one to turn down any of AB's requests for sleep, so I put him down right away. He (finally) took a long nap, close to three hours. Gave me time to go to Trader Joe's (YAY!), where I hardly ever have time to go. Bought a ton of produce, including some corn, and bought some burger patties.

AB was sooooooo sweet when he woke up from his nap. All huggy and cuddly. I love it when he's like this. We played with his talking door toy, but he'd break from that frequently to sit on my lap and give me hugs, or just splay his sleepy self on my torso, trying to get comfy.

He did cry massively when I put a Band-aid on his finger, but he calmed down when I turned on the boob tube (i.e., Sesame Street). NSAH made great corn, red peppers and burgers on the grill. AB ate some hamburger, but mostly corn and red pepper. He started to fuss about his Band-aid again after dinner, so I took him out on the front step and we blew bubbles.

Well, I blew bubbles. He hasn't really figured out how to blow yet. He pulled the wand right up to his lips and let the faintest bit of air escape his pursed lips. He only blew bubbles once--mostly, he just got a facefull of bubblestuff. But it was so funny-looking, he had me cracking up. Then NSAH came out and joined us, mainly so he could set up the sprinkler. And once he got the water turned on, AB had a blast running back and forth through the "rain." It was fun, but boy did he get wet. I think that's how we should give him a bath from now on. Cold water, so it saves pennies, as well. Bonus.

Pretty good weekend, all in all. (Including front row for Jerry Seinfeld. Thanks, mom!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I totally heart AB. Glad you had such a nice weekend!

8:20 AM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

Sounds like great fun! AB is adorable. And I miss Trader Joes SOOO much.

8:46 AM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

AB sounds so sweet! What a cutie!

And Jerry Seinfeld? I am so jealous!

I think we were leading parallel lives this weekend, though, since I went to Home Depot and also bought a sprinkler and hose to deal with our 100 degree weather. And then I went to trader joe's and bought lots of goodies for dinner! I got these frozen appetizers called shu mai or something like that- delicious!

10:04 AM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger liz said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!

10:25 AM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger Mieke said...

Sounds perfect to me.

10:57 PM, June 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home