Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Magical Mystery Tour

Following in the great footsteps of the What Was I Thinking Tour and the What Was I Thinking Tour (Preschool Edition), I'm currently preparing for the Magical Mystery Tour. Since it is a mystery (for you all, not for me--I know exactly where I'm going), I will tell you only that I expect to enjoy good company, good barbecue, and good weather. I will also tell you that I will be sans family and will miss Not-So-Angry Husband and Angry Boy...but not too much (see above re: good company, barbecue and weather).

I will not, I repeat NOT be taking my laptop on the road with me... well, maybe. I haven't decided yet. I'll see how heavy my backpack is.

I'll leave you with the following: NSAH and I like our neighborhood and are trying to be better about patronizing local mom 'n' pop stores. Today, NSAH went to the little hardware store, a move I applauded because I despise our Home Despot. Here's the email he sent me when he got back from him trip:

"Nice store except for three things – they play country music, the old-timer working as a cashier is really slow, and the chocolate lab humped my leg. (He was sweet aside from that.)"

2 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Have a great trip! And thanks for reminding me that I need to get to our little local hardware store when our tour concludes tomorrow.

10:20 AM, May 13, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

You aren't by chance coming to the barbecue fest, here in the very buckle of the bible belt, are you?
Wherever the MMT takes you, have fun.

3:33 PM, May 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home