Monday, May 09, 2005

The kids are alright

This post over at MysteryMommy reminded me of the following events, which took place in early November a few years ago:

I had finished all of my Christmas shopping early, thanks to the miracle of the Internet. Angry Husband returns home from an afternoon at the mall. He informs me that he bought a few things for himself, including a CD. I berate him for buying things for himself so close to Christmas (my family members are always harassing me as the holiday draws closer, begging for gift ideas for the enigmatic AH, and I had already given ideas to some of them). He tries to calm me by saying that the CD he bought was not one he ever told me he wanted. I ask him to show me what CD it is. He whips out a Who CD and brandishes it happily.

I run to my closet, where I had stashed all of the presents I'd bought. I whip out the very same Who CD and brandish it smugly. Do I know my husband or what?

(I wound up giving the spare CD to my pop for Christmas.)

6 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Now, you two were really meant for each other!

11:12 PM, May 09, 2005  
Blogger Neel Mehta said...

Etiquette question: is that (technically) re-gifting?

2:32 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm trying to imagine giving my dad a Who CD. You come from cooler stock than me, APL!

9:49 AM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger Yankee T said...

A perfect match!

10:59 AM, May 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, if you KNOW what I want, then how am I "enigmatic"? :)

- AH (still not fond of the nickname, since I'm not really angry)

12:27 PM, May 10, 2005  
Blogger halloweenlover said...

That happens to my hubs and I all the time. He spends days trying to guess what I am giving him, whether it be holiday/birthday/whatever, or he just keeps buying himself stuff even though we are approaching a gift giving day and ends up spoiling the surprise. I'm glad to know it isn't just me, though!

4:06 PM, May 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home