Thursday, May 26, 2005

Back in Black

I hit the sack
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back!


Sorry to break out the AC/DC (wish I could put a little lightning bolt in there, but the slash will have to do), but I'm very glad to be back. Work has been quite crazy--which is good. But a lot of things have wrapped up in the past couple of days, so I'm hoping to have a good weekend.

On the way home, I caught Modest Mouse's "Float On" on the car radio just as a car with Massachusetts plates was driving in front of me. So immediately I thought of Phantom and of how much I was looking forward to getting on the "Internets" again.

However, because I'm still coming down, my brain isn't firing on all non-legal cylinders. So I'll amuse myself with this:

Hello, Googlers!
#12 for bad analogies
#9 for bad analogies on www.google.co.uk
#8 for OBX stickers
#1 for licky boom boom on Google and www.google.nl!

My parting thought for the evening: I'm glad that the carseat pad is washable. Otherwise, I'm not sure how I'd get all the toddler puke out.

5 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

Ooooh the puking toddler trick!

I missed you!

11:24 PM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger Scrivener said...

So "Float On" is getting radio play? My wife said that's going to be her favorite song this summer, though I thought it had something to do with me playing it for her and putting it on a mix cd I made her. Now I know it's b/c she's hearing it on the radio. Sigh.

Them car seat pads are useful buggers ain't they?

8:54 AM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Thanks, Liz.

Scrivener, as far as I know, and in my neck of the woods at least, "Float On" has been getting airplay for ages. Probably since last summer. And I'm glad to have the removable carseat pad, but MAN, those things are a sonofabitch to remove. I was in my living room with a screwdriver last night partially dismantling the seat and getting puke remnants on my hands. Ah, parenthood.

9:07 AM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger corndog said...

1) I know it seems to be all the cool people's favorite song, but I can't stand "Float On". There, I said it.

2) This is where I go first for my bad analogies, so I don't know why you're not higher.

10:07 AM, May 27, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Shall we see if Corndog floats, and then burn him as a duck, I mean, a witch? Or should we just float on as if we never heard that blasphemy?

I have trouble floating on in the face of toddler puke, though. I hope AB's tummy is all better soon.

Glad that you're back!

2:46 PM, May 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home