Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Should I take the lump sum or 20 yearly installments?

Saw this over at Not Guilty's:

I am worth $2,184,248.00 on HumanForSale.com

I wonder if men are valued higher than women, all other variables being equal. That would be interesting to learn, but I don't have the time or the patience to figure it out using the test questions. Besides, some are tailored to the specific sex of the answerer (e.g., I don't think they ask men what cup size they are).

[Oridnarily, I'd think of a segue, but I'm too tired. After you're done reading this post, feel free to come up with one yourself! Ooo, a contest!]

My husband was telling me that he came across some child-free websites. (No, the websites were not child-free; the people who posted on them were, by choice.) I must state that I am completely OK with and nonplussed by child-free-by-choice folks. Whereas most girls (at least, the ones I knew in elementary school) grow up dreaming of a husband and kids, I grew up dreaming of writing and acting. No husband, no kids, no thank you. (Then I met my husband, who effortlessly threw a wrench into all my plans, and I morphed into the Angry Pregnant Lawyer you know and tolerate.) So even though I love my boy more than anything else in the world, I totally understand that not everyone wants kids. Hey, not 10 years ago, I didn't want kids, either.

But the folks on this particular website my husband was describing to me sound... well, nuts. Apparently, they coldly refer to children as "cunt nuggets." I want to grab these people and shake them and yell, "You are a 'cunt nugget,' you fucking idiot! So am I! Unless you sprung full-grown from Zeus' head, or hatched from an egg, you are a 'cunt nugget.'"

People make me tired. I'm going to bed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Songbird said...

That's a disturbing descriptor for children.
There are anti-marriage websites out there, too, operating on the theory that all women are parasites and marrying them is a bad investment for men.

6:35 AM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

You'll excuse me if I don't go see for myself. I'm afraid I operate under the assumption that if I wouldn't want to hang out with (scary unstable sociopathic) people in real life, then I probably wouldn't want to spend time with them online, either. Life is too short.

10:08 AM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger Mother in Chief said...

There is unsavory speech on every topic imaginable. So I'm not surprised to hear that not everyone likes kids. I wonder if these people like sex? And if they do, they need to realize that every person on the planet is here because someone had an orgasm... So they need to lighten up.

6:00 PM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm writing this with the covers pulled over my head because lalalalala if I hide from crazy, scary online communities, they don't exist. Right?

9:28 PM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger SuzanH said...

Wow, that is the weirdest thing I've heard all day (it's been a weird day).

Like you, I had no interest in marriage or children until my husband came along and foiled my plans, and then my daughter came along and knocked them into another dimension, I never came up with such a vitrolic term.

That's a lot of crazy hating.

10:16 PM, April 14, 2005  
Blogger feelin' Sassy said...

I'm not typically the type of person that can see a bright side to any subject, but in this case it's different.

Personally, I'm glad that people like that aren't going to have children for two reasons.

1] They won't be abusing or neglecting them.

2] They're the bottom of the gene pool and we don't need them to procreate.

11:52 PM, April 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home