Saturday, April 23, 2005

Reeeeeally old entries

I went back to my old blog and read some of the first entries, from October 2002. They make me laugh. Not just because I think they're funny--although some of them are. Mostly, I'm laughing at my past self, and how much energy I had back then. The posts are positively charged (must've been all the coffee I used to drink):

So, on the list of piddly things that are bothering me at this particular juncture in human history:

I listen to the classic rock station all day at work, and they do a good job of playing all the '70s rock I can stand: Bad Company, Stones, CCR, Allman Brothers, etc. But I noticed they never played "Baker Street" by Jerry Rafferty anymore. So I emailed in a request. Got a reply from the uber-nice DJ telling me that the station doesn't play that song anymore. WTF is up with that? It was the only station in my area to ever play it.

And, oh yeah, the GOP totally kicked ass in the elections, and the Northern Virginia transporation tax went down the shitter. *contemplates moving to Ireland*

And I think I have a sinus infection. That, or my brain is continuously seeping out of my right nostril, impairing my ability to work, think, breathe, etc.

Despite all this, not in the worst mood ever: going out to lunch today with some coworkers, and bowling (yes, bowling) tonight with some friends.

We're gonna sco-o-ore tonight.
We're gonna sco-o-ore toni-ight.
We're gonna rock,
We're gonna roll,
We're gonna bop,
We're gonna bowl . . .

Whatever happened to Adrien Zmed? And can I name my firstborn child Zmed?

Must have more coffee.


And some of the old posts are reminding me of things I'd totally forgotten about, like the DC sniper:

DC area parties are so odd these days. Everyone was demonstrating his/her sniper-avoidance walk. It was comical and sad all at the same time. (In case you're wondering, I have no sniper-avoidance walk. If he's aiming for me, I want to give him a good, steady target so he can take me out in one shot--don't want to spend the rest of my life a paraplegic. Hope that doesn't sound too morbid. It's just my view of the crazy situation at hand.)


Nostalgia is fun. For me, anyway.

5 Comments:

Blogger liz said...

This so brings me back. Muffin Man's daycare center covered all the windows and the kids weren't allowed to play outside. So sad.

4:39 PM, April 24, 2005  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Nostalgia can be fun, but doing it out in public I find hard. I just posted a poem I wrote almost 15 years ago, and expected to feel more of a cool nostalgia glow. But mostly I keep asking myself why are you posting this? why are you posting this? why are you posting this?

5:31 PM, April 24, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Liz, I remember reading about all the poor kids across the area who were just so sick of staying indoors. First, we had that snowy, snowy winter, followed by crazy snipers. So the kids hadn't been outside since, like, Thanksgiving!

Scrivener, it takes serious guts to publish or post any creative writing, IMO. I've done so rarely, and only anonymously.

8:06 PM, April 24, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm with APL, Scrivener. That took some guts. And it was a good poem, too.

And you'll notice that APL did not provide a link to her old blog. Nostalgia in public is easier when it's been edited. ;-)

That sniper business broke my heart, and I was nowhere near DC at the time. Though I did spend too much time reading the WaPo...

9:48 AM, April 25, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

I'm afraid the old blog has waaaaay too much identifying information on it.

10:14 AM, April 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home