Monday, April 18, 2005

Lost in Translation

OK, I've decided on the husband/boy thing. They'll be AH (Angry Husband) and AB (Angry Boy) when I'm feeling lazy and don't want to type. When I'm not lazy, they'll be Silly Guy, Cheeky Monkey, or whatever nicknames I feel like appending. Thanks for voting.

So, I finally saw Lost in Translation tonight. I knew I would love it. I think I've not liked just one Bill Murray movie, ever: Quick Change. Plus, not only have I always had a massive crush on the man, but my grandmother always had a thing for him, too. (Grandma rocked--she also had the hots for Joe Montana, and can ya blame her?) So I doubly love the guy.

There was a particularly excellent line in the movie:
The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you.

Despite my moniker, I am not angry very often. Or, rather, I am angry, but only by fits and starts throughout the day, throughout the weeks, throughout my life. So I really liked this line, even though I am skeptical as to whether it's entirely true.

5 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Seriously, your grandma had a crush on Bill Murray?? Apparently the coolness is genetic in your family.

I bet my grandma would have a crush on Jon Stewart, if she were still sentient enough to be aware of him.

2:41 PM, April 19, 2005  
Blogger Scrivener said...

That is a great line, and I'd forgotten it. Clearly I need to watch LiT again.

9:03 PM, April 19, 2005  
Blogger Mieke said...

Did you pee in your pants at the work out scene? I could barely breathe I was laughing so hard.

12:29 AM, April 20, 2005  
Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

Glad to hear that you're not angry all the time.
But are you constantly pregnant?! (Tis okay, I spent FOUR YEARS OF MY LIFE GESTATING. Damn! I should have been "Perpetually Pregnant Underpaid Kept Woman"!)

8:17 AM, April 20, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Despite my natural tendency to lose bladder control at the silliest things, no, Mieke, I did not pee at the workout scene. But I did laugh hard.

And SS, thank god I am not constantly preggers. Trust me, if it happens again, the blogosphere will be sure to hear about it.

10:04 AM, April 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home