Monday, April 11, 2005

Eat at Jo(e)'s

Before jumping into jo(e)'s food meme (condensed), I just have to say that The Breeders' "Divine Hammer" is playing on the cable "alternative" channel. Hooray for college flashbacks.

Favorite food to crunch: Fresh breadsticks.
Favorite comfort food: Kraft shells 'n' cheese.
Food that makes the best noise: Juicy peaches make that great suctioning sound when you tear a bite away.
Favorite picnic lunch: Cheese sandwiches, on any good bread.
Favorite food scene in movie: The 9 1/2 Weeks parody in Hot Shots, with Charlie Sheen and Valeria Golino.
Favorite food lyrics: I want cold pizza for breakfast/And warm Coke to wash it down (aaahhhh)/Maybe a couple of onion rings/Make this world go round/I want cold pizza for breakfast/And a pinch o' cold spaghetti'll do/But there's nothin' in the world that I like better/Than eatin' cold pizza with you. (Christine Lavin)
Least favorite food lyrics: Left some food wrapped up/in a plastic bag/on the kitchen table/way too long/I sat down to eat/next to the bag/I was too tired/to throw it out/I saw a swarm of fruit flies. (Nada Surf)
Best food smell memory: Does my dad's apple cider on the stovetop at Christmas count as a food?
Food that reminds me of the ocean: Cheesesteaks and boardwalk fries.
Most likely to eat for lunch: the Santa Fe Ranch salad
Least likely to eat for lunch: Everything else.
Makes me gag: Eggplant.
Favorite medicinal food: Since jo(e) mentioned cranberry juice already, I'll take yogurt (and its live cultures).
Food that reflects my heritage: On one side, Guinness and potatoes. On the other, saffron chicken and tadig (the crispy rice from the bottom of the pot).
Food most like me: My husband says pizza, because I'm cheesy. Oh, wait, he tells me now that he was kidding. Too late! I liked that answer!

1 Comments:

Blogger Deviant Law Student said...

This past fall I saw The Pixies in Montreal- Kim Deal smiled straight through the show, and they were brilliant. Cheers to the flashback!

12:58 PM, April 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home