Saturday, March 19, 2005

W(h)eezy--not just a character on "The Jeffersons"

My boy is sick again. His put-upon immune system had managed to withstand the rigors of January and February, much to our amazement. But he's having trouble shaking a low-grade fever. Worse, he's coughing. A lot. Throughout the day, and at night. On the upside, it's amazing how much less worried I am than I was last year at this time--when he had these same symptoms. Back then, I wanted to call the doctor's office every day and was near tears. Now, I'm just kind of resigned and sad for my poor guy. But, come on--it's not like he can get more asthma, can he?

3 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Awwww. Hugs and virtual nebulizers for the little guy. I hope he's better soon!

8:45 AM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger jo(e) said...

Oh, I hope he starts feeling better soon. I hate it when one of my kids is sick.

I'm sending some virtual soup ....

5:11 PM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger Mieke said...

Have you learned the pillow under the crib mattress trick yet? That really helps EVERYONE get more rest at night.

I am the master of all things involving sick children. If you were to put "sick" into the search bar on my site, you'd be SHOCKED, SHOCKED at how many times I write that they are sick. The big boy in particular. Preschool has been nothing but a germ exchange program.

Hope he's feeling better and you are able to get some rest today.

5:19 PM, March 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home