Friday, March 04, 2005

Weird Musak

In the ladies' room at work today, I heard a musak version of "Shotgun" (Junior Walker and the All-Stars). It's been in my head since then.

I'm trying to think of the weirdest musak versions of songs I've ever heard. I distinctly remember laughing at a version of "Jump" (Van Halen, not the Pointer Sisters).

One night in the grocery store they played a musak version of Freedy Johnston's "Bad Reputation." I was thrilled to hear it, but I wondered why they just couldn't play the actual song. It's not like the lyrics are offensive or anything. I sang along as I plopped granola bars and Lean Pockets in my cart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Delurking because your post made me smile. I hadn't heard this song in years, yet this past week I heard it on the radio and read about it on your blog. And, now I'm listening to it in my head (a good thing!). Thanks...

5:08 PM, March 05, 2005  
Blogger corndog said...

Weirdest one I ever heard was a flute-driven pseudo-jazz version of Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love . Kinda took the edge off, if you know what I mean.

11:13 PM, March 05, 2005  
Blogger Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Okay, I'm coming to this way late, but this suddenly reminded me of having heard a Muzak version of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall.

It was wrong, I tell you, just so very wrong.

6:26 PM, March 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home