Tuesday, March 15, 2005

No Joan Jett? What was I thinking?!

I don't really have anything important to say, but I don't feel like reading any more of the HHS OIG's Compliance Guidance for Hospitals, so I'm stealing from Phantom Scribbler and posting the playlists from two of my favorite college mix tapes. I no longer have a tape player in my car, so I don't remember the last time I listened to these:

Chick Rock (circa summer 1995)

Side A
  • "I Can't Be With You," Cranberries

  • "Leaving Las Vegas," Sheryl Crow

  • "Good Enough," Sarah McLachlan

  • "Fugitive," Indigo Girls

  • "If I Only Wanted To," Melissa Ethridge

  • "Sisters Are Doin' It," Aretha Franklin

  • "Middle of the Road," Pretenders

  • "Willya Wontcha," Bonnie Raitt

  • "I Feel Lucky," Mary Chapin Carpenter

  • "Round of Blues," Shawn Colvin

  • "Book of Days," Enya

  • "Son of a Preacherman," Dusty Springfield

  • "Strong Enough," Sheryl Crow

Side B
  • "I Kissed a Girl," Jill Sobule

  • "I Will Survive," Gloria Gaynor

  • "Heart of Glass," Blondie

  • "Possession," Sarah McLachlan

  • "Real Man," Bonnie Raitt

  • "Universal Heartbeat," Juliana Hatfield

  • "Square Pegs," Waitresses

  • "#1 Blind," Veruca Salt

  • "God," Tori Amos

  • "Marlene on the Wall," Suzanne Vega

  • "Kill the Messenger," Shawn Colvin

  • "Sorry Again," Velocity Girl

  • "Few and Far Between," 10,000 Maniacs


To be continued...

4 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Love love love "Marlene on the Wall."

What I really want is the Joan Jett cover of the Mary Tyler Moore theme song that they used for the women's NCAA tournament a few years back. That rocked.

10:38 PM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

I remember those ads, and I think about them every year at this time.

8:39 AM, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Scrivener said...

Phantom: It turned out to be more of a pain in the ass than I'd expected, but I tracked down an mp3 of that cover. It's winging your way electronically even as I type.

If you wanna copy, APL, lemme know.

6:40 PM, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Take him up on it, APL. It's short, but it's as good as you remember.

8:59 PM, March 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home