Monday, March 14, 2005

Little things my son did that amazed me today

He follwed new sets of directions ("Stand on mommy's feet"--I wanted to dance with him).
He tried to sing along to pattycake, and tried to make a "B" on his hand.
He sat through a story that he'd never had the attention span for before (a longer vignette in one of his Sesame Street books).
When we read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, he not only tried to say all of the animal names, he also said "me" everytime it was in the book. He pointed at himself when he said it, too, so I think he understands what it means.

I'm thinking about all of this now because Finding Nemo was on one of our inexplicably free cable channels tonight. I was pregnant when I saw it in the theater almost 2 years ago. Back then I didn't know that I'd have such a sweet, smart kid by now--I didn't even know if it would be a boy or a girl, or whether he'd look more like me or his father.