Sunday, March 20, 2005

Health update

Thanks, guys, for the sympathy. The boy is still coughing, even after his pulmicort and albuterol, and he's still running a fever. So I'll be staying home with him for the morning and part of the afternoon tomorrow. Although I feel fine, just a little tired, I apparently have a fever of 100.3. HUH? So maybe it's a good thing we sickies are staying home tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'll be heading to the office in a bit to finish off some work and get things squared away for my absence tomorrow morning. (Whine whine whine, martyr, martyr, martyr.)

So we'll be Tivoing "The Simpsons" and "Arrested Development," and I'll have to post later on the topic that's really consuming (pun intended) my brain these days: debt, debtors, and the bankruptcy laws.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

You have permission to whine and feel like a martyr when heading into the office on a Sunday with a fever!

I hope you and the boychick feel better soon!

9:15 PM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger Scrivener said...

I've been trying to comment off'n'on all day. Blogger seemed so much better yesterday...

Anyway, I second Phantom: you got a sick kid and have to go into the office on Sunday night, you have the right to whine.

I haven't been reading your blog long enough to know all the background with the sickies, but problems with asthma can be a huge pain in the ass. Chloe went through a stretch where she kept getting colds and every time she did it turned into bonchiolitis and we'd end up at the doctor's with her having trouble breathing. The doc would listen to her chest and ask us again if we had a family history of asthma (we don't), then make vague but scary comments about needing to hospitalize her if she got any worse. Then he'd say she's not quite bad enough for that, give her an albuterol treatment and send us home with instruction to come back in a few days or if she got any worse. A few days later, she'd be better. Then a month or two later, we'd start the whole cycle again. After a few times, the doctor started making comments about her perhaps having asthma jsut because we kept having to come back for it.

But then it just seems to have gone away. I blame the terrible, terrible air quality here in Atlanta more than anything.

If you've gone through this a bunch, then I suppose you certainly know to run a humidifier at night, right? It seemed to help a lot for us.

11:23 PM, March 20, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Had a long comment but it got toasted by Blogger. Grrr.

Short version: thanks, both of you. Scrivener, sounds like we're going through what you guys went through, right down to the "no history of asthma." Glad to hear that Chloe's better, and I really hope the same holds true for my little man.

1:37 PM, March 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home