Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ah, those Hangover Sundays...

Another mix tape I used to wear out:

Better Than Demerol (circa summer 1993)

Side A
  • "Washing of the Water," Peter Gabriel

  • "Long Way Down," Michael Penn

  • "Half a World Away," R.E.M.

  • "Love Is Blindness," U2

  • "I'm Blowing Away," Bonnie Raitt

  • "Everybody Hurts," R.E.M.

  • "When the Angels Fall," Sting

  • "Face to Face," Siouxsie & the Banshees

  • "Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns," Mother Love Bone

  • "I Don't Know Why," Shawn Colvin

Side B
  • "Nightswimming," R.E.M.

  • "Guilty," Bonnie Raitt

  • "Can't Find My Way Home," Blind Faith

  • "Monopoly," Shawn Colvin

  • "It's Probably Me," Sting

  • "Bad Wisdom," Suzanne Vega

  • "How You've Grown," 10,000 Maniacs

  • "The Boxer," Simon and Garfunkel

  • "History of Us," Indigo Girls

  • "I Could Have Lied," Red Hot Chili Peppers

  • "Secure Yourself," Indigo Girls

  • "Drown," Smashing Pumpkins

5 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Get your son started on Shawn Colvin early -- she does a nice version of "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" on Elmopalooza.

10:44 PM, March 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good ones. I have about eight of those songs, on various CDs and tapes.

I've always been an REM fan, but I don't like "Everybody Hurts." Stipe sounds too whiny on that one.

*Justine*

11:38 PM, March 15, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Haven't heard Elmopalooza, but I'm sure that's coming down the pike.

Justine, I swear I made this tape before MTV (and VH1) started playing "Everbody Hurts" every freakin' half hour every day. Now I'm so sick of it, I can't listen to it anymore. And now my favorite song on that CD is "Sweetness Follows."

8:37 AM, March 16, 2005  
Blogger corndog said...

Hey APL,

Come over to Corndoggerel and enter my free NCAA tournament contest with prizes and I won't make fun of you when all those high-seeded ACC teams go home in the third round and there's a UK-Louisville final.

9:36 PM, March 16, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

9:45 PM, March 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home