Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Nobody likes Milhouse!

I've been inspired by one of corndog's comments to my previous post. What are some of the best quotes from "The Simpsons"?

Corndog says his favorite quote is:

Lisa: I think it's ironic that Dad saved the day while a slimmer man would have fallen to his death.
Bart: And I think it's ironic that for once Dad's butt prevented the
release of toxic gas.

I don't know that I have a single favorite, but some of the ones that spring to mind are as follows (some are only funny in their context--you hardcore fans will recall them):

"Nobody likes Milhouse!"

"Stupid risks are what make life worth living."

"To alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

"Ketchup... Catsup.... Ketchup... Catsup...."

"I can't believe you don't shut up!"

"Disco Stu doesn't advertize."

"All right, Brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you. But let's get through this, and I can get back to killing you with beer."
"It's a deal."

"Here comes two!" (Used twice, actually; once by Abe, once by Homer)

"Twenty dollars? I wanted a peanut."
"Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts."
"Explain how."
"Money can be exchanged for goods and services."
"Woohoo!"

"Whoa, that's good squishy."

And, the quote I use most often, and it makes me and my husband laugh like idiots:

"I am riding on a bus."

5 Comments:

Blogger corndog said...

Wow. I'm an inspiration. That's a big step up. And by the way, I use the "good squishy" line all the time. I think my wife is sick of it. But I'm gonna keep using it until she comes right out and tells me. 'Cause Dr. Phil said effective communication is the key to a good marriage.

2:40 PM, February 23, 2005  
Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

Damn,I knew my Simpsons illiteracy was gonna put a crimp in my social life some day. I promise that when the kids are older, I will learn it all, verse and chapter.

I can quote a little South Park, but it's just not the same.

7:06 PM, February 23, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

PS: No, South Park isn't the same, but it's still fun to cuss in a Cartman voice: "God DAMMIT."

Corndog: Don't mention Dr. Shill 'round these here parts again or I swear my head will explode.

9:02 AM, February 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mmmmm . . . Sacrilicious!"

8:35 PM, August 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"ack just saying"

love it!

8:28 PM, May 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home