Monday, February 21, 2005

Don't tell Urbanbaby...*

I took my 17-month-old to see the Winnie the Pooh movie today. It was his first movie (I don't count the few Reel Moms movies I took him to when he was 2- and 3-months old). I'm so proud of him--he was enraptured the entire time. He wanted to sit on my lap rather than on the booster seat next to me, so I held his little warm body on my lap for more than an hour and smelled his hair. Sigh...

*One of the more amazing anecdotes in Warner's now-infamous mommy piece:
"There was something new, too: the tendency many women had to feel threatened by other women and to judge them harshly—nowhere more evident than on Urbanbaby and other, similarly "supportive" web sites. Can I take my 17-month-old to the Winnie the Pooh movie?, one mom queried recently. "WAY tooooo young," came one response."

2 Comments:

Blogger Phantom Scribbler said...

You've convinced me. (It was the hair-smelling that did it.) Our Next Big Outing will be to the Winnie the Pooh movie. And Urbanbaby can go @#%^#& itself.

8:57 PM, February 22, 2005  
Blogger Angry Pregnant Lawyer said...

Hopefully the croup will pass quickly so you can go soon! :-)

10:04 PM, February 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home